Gibson LP Custom Silverburst

dbsens13

• Members

So, I love the Silverburst LP's and I wanna get one of the original ones which I believe ran from '77 to '84. You may correct me if I'm wrong. I'm wondering which year in particular from these years made the best guitar. I'd love an '83 because that is when I was born but if there was one made another year that was better (electronics, hardware, longevity, etc.) I'd be inclined to take that into consideration. I appreciate any input.

• Members

I sold them when they were new and no, I don't remember one year being particularly better than another. I recall them as typical pancake body Norlins. I guess I'm just old but I wasn't really excited about silverburst back then and 25 years hasn't really changed my opinion. Not to rain on your parade though, they seem to be pretty popular now.

• Members

haha, I appreciate the honesty. I'm very fond of the finish I guess is what it really boils down to. As superficial as that may be. But I hear nothing but good things about the original ones. Good things about the new ones too, but most people who own(ed) an original say the new ones aren't as good. Thanks for the feedback

Archived