Fender1995CSCMTStratA.jpg
2001fenderamfatstrattexasspecial3.jpg
pairofkramerstagemasters2.jpg
kramersalmonstagemasterbod1.jpg
c90paxe.jpg
c90paxebod2.jpg
c90paxebod1.jpg
c90paxeheadstock.jpg

If you pay attention to a lot of my post's, i really need a 12" radius fretboard, fairly flat, but something with meat. Think of a Jackson PC1 or or ESP Lynch. Most times, fender necks have a 10" or 9.5", or 7" radius and they have a C profile where I need more of a fat and flat D.

As far as Kramer goes (and other single hum stuff for that matter), I DO use my neck pickup, particularly for solo's and softer stuff. I've played a lot of kramers. For my price, (which I might have to decrease slightly) I can get any kramer minus some the GKG sustoms and the Enterprize. I played the 85' barreta reissue and thought it was just ok. The guys on the kramer forum, say the jersey star feels like an import. I don't want a korean/indian/ that part of Asian made axe. They all feel the same quality-wise. They're nice, but not Jackson quality. I'm considering the UNK Korina V. If you're ever in central jersey, head over to paul's shop and play one of his customs, they're quite nice.

I've played upper level Brian Moore stuff, but don't remember it that well. what kind of features are on their customs. I'd probably try to find one used. Also if i am a heavy trem abuser and they have a Wilkinson and Sperzel locking tuners, how is the tuning stability? If i hold the guitar up just by hanging onto the trem bar, will it loose tune?

Nickeroo- I saw two viger dealer in MA. You're right about giving them a call. If they've got something, it would be easier than going to the dealer out on Long Island.

-I also heard a really negative story about that Long island dealer once, at least I think its that dealer, I could be mistaken, Don't shoot me if I'm wrong. It involved a custom $4000 BCR. Guitar wasn't ordered, employee pocketed the money and kept telling the customer the axe would be ready in 2 months, 6 months and so on. 3 years later, the owner of the company acknowledged the customer had his money stolen by would not reimburse him. I don't know what happened after that. I think the topic is in the HC archives somewhere.

anyway, If they have a Vigier, I'll ship up to boston for a day.

• Members
Check out these guys when they get back up and running.
GMP Guitars

I know all about GMP. Didn't Ed Roman buy them? I saw CC DeVille playing one at a poison shpw over the summer and it sounded really smooth. GMP owners seem equally pleased. I've looked at them on the used market and not many have floyds.

I know this is a long shot, but has anyone ever tried a Mike Learn Flak Jacket?
flak.png

• Members
Peavy Wolfgang/HP Select?

Peavey-Wolfgang--Blue.jpg

Or the original, EBMM EVH/Axis

DSC03458pcw.jpg

+1. I have both those guitars and they are the excellent shredders. A little expensive though compared to some of the Jacksons already shown though.

• Members

I may have missed it but what is it that your current shredders can't do that the new guitar would? From the looks of it, your shredder collection is pretty great.

That said, if i were in the market with your budget, I'd be looking at a Wayne or maybe a GMW. I know blackmachine has been mentioned, but i'm not sure if they're taking orders right now. I had a GMW a few years ago and it was beautiful, although the best shredders ive ever played were my Tom Anderson and my old Korean Hamer (I kid you not, it made me sell an old DY Jem with pyramid inlays and a USA Dean)

• Members

Pacifica 1221m

all2037bl4.jpg

Pacifica 1412

46.jpg

Construction: Thru-body neck

Scale length: 25.5"

Neck: Maple/Mohogany

Fingerboard : Ebony

Nut width: 1.75"

Radius: 13.75"

Body: Flamed Maple/Mohogany

Vibrato system: RM-Proll

Pickups: American made pickups- Stacked Single Coil x 2 Humbucking x 1

Pickup switch: 5 Position 4 Pole

Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone

• Members

Like RR vs? Might want to try an ESP Alexi custom model. I played the 600 a few days ago. Was pretty nice. It didn't have the super thin neck. Those are about as much as you want to spend. One of the coolest looking guitars I have seen.

• Members

Ed Roman did not buy GMP. If he had I wouldn't support them. No offense meant toward you if you like him. They make some awesome custom guitars for less than a lot of production guitars. My next guitar that I don't build myself will come from them. I've wanted a Roxie for 5 years now.

• Members
Specs I like:

Meduum-thin, to medium sized neck. I like a little bit of chunk, but not too much. I like sonething feel-wise inbetween my charvels and my old wolfgang

ebony or maple board. Maple looks the best, ebony feels the best.

either big frets or a scalloped board

Tonal variation. Can't stress that one enough- coil taps, sustainer, onboard active electronics, Hell, if I could have a pizeo and a floyd, that would be pretty cool.

12" or 12" compound radius fretboard, highly roled fretboard edges.

Tonewise, I'd like something between my aldrich for for my old school hot ac/dc tones and a JB. The neck position, I'm looking for something in between a SD Pearly gates & a DiMarzio chopper.

body wood- I'd like walnut with a maple top, but it's not that important to me.

Maybe SS frets

Bolt On or Neck-thru

Top mounted, floating floyds.

I LOVE the stuff WAYNE makes. And I love old school paintjobs. I like flashy stuff.

If I could find a glow in the dark finish, it would be sooooooo cool.

OK! STOP RIGHT THERE! There is a great seller on the BC Rich boards who is selling his GITD Gunslinger. It would be PERFECT and it's only $1000. He's up the Boston area, too, so it wouldn't be too much of a ride for ya.

These are incredibly rare and I wish I had the cash to snag this thing.

bcr-slinger-gid-01.jpg

PM if you want more info.

• Members
I know all about GMP. Didn't Ed Roman buy them? I saw CC DeVille playing one at a poison shpw over the summer and it sounded really smooth. GMP owners seem equally pleased. I've looked at them on the used market and not many have floyds.

I know this is a long shot, but has anyone ever tried a Mike Learn Flak Jacket?

flak.png

There's also
GMW
Ran
KxK
RRR (over at the ESP forum)
Conklin
Bernie Rico JR
Shamray
Moser

Not to mention ESP Customshop and Jackson Customshop.
Only limitations are your imagination and pocket book.

Archived