Gretsch or a Gibcon LP for you ?

SirJackdeFuzz

• Members

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gretsch-Guitars-Malcolm-Young-II-Electric-Guitar?sku=511285
- $1700.00

Could have been much worst . . . look at some of those Gibbo LP prices again !

Yeah. Is true! It could have been so much worst:cry: I say cuz my ''musician pay'' gets me there like in 4 or 5 years. I hate giggin' on Puerto Rico!:facepalm:

But hey if you got the money, and want it >>>> THAT'S ALL!!! GET IT!!!:thu:

The Malcolm's one is on my wishlist for guitars to have! Someday I'll get one!

• Members

Funny that the Gretsch is doing so well, because in the real world the LP wins in a walk.

In the "Real World" probably yes . . . or probably by a lot, but for me, i would DEFF take the Gretsch MY II sig in Natural over any $1700.00 Gibson LP.

Just look on MF's site and see what you can get in the $1500.00 to $1700.00 range . . . nuffing that floats my boat, and i grew up w LP's as theee guitar :evil:

PS : i will off course never say no thank you to a deep dark wine red LP CUSTOM, ala, Lori L from Acid King. Like so :

87winec-1.jpg

• Members

I like the look of that gretsch though I'm not the biggest fan of retrotrons. LPs are cool too and mine was my one and only for years but it's not my fav anymore aside from sentimental reasons. I voted Gretsch mostly because it's more unique.

• Members

I like them both but own a Les Paul. I don't place them in the same category. Two different beasts.

Well, thsi who thread started when my younger (and only) brother said he will not even look at the Gretsch, as he feels he can do sooo much more with a Les Paul.

And when asked what can a Les Paul do that this Malcolm Young model can't he could not come up with anything.

The way i see it :

Both are dual humbucker guitars.

Both have hot'ish humbuckers. (Gretsch has the hottest TV Jones out there)

Both are a soild piece of wood.

Both have a non trem bridge.

Hell, the Gretsch have more toggles and knobs :evil:

• Members

i think a les paul is simply "me" just like somebody else said, the thick 50's neck profile fits my hands perfectly, the pickups have ther perfect amount of "bite" and allow a broad dynamic range of sounds between soft picking and harder picking, to encoumpas emotion. Les pauls are simply me regardless of others opinion of gibson.

Archived