Gave my 09 satin ebony lp studio a little makeover

metal0822

• Members

so as some of you know i got one of the new finish les paul studios a little while ago and had plans to change the appearance a bit. sorry, for the crappy pics. im going home for break tomorrow and can use a good camera. i guess at that time i will also have to post my NGD from my black friday deal:facepalm: anyways...

before

1018091135.jpg

after

1218091311.jpg

• Members

that was basically what it came down to for me too...black it out, or throw in some white. good luck with yours man, i love this thing. it really did change how i look at guitars, and caused me to sell all my others to look for another GOOD one (my strat). mines already got a couple battle scars :)

• Members

that was basically what it came down to for me too...black it out, or throw in some white. good luck with yours man, i love this thing. it really did change how i look at guitars, and caused me to sell all my others to look for another GOOD one (my strat). mines already got a couple battle scars
:)

i am with you on buying nicer instruments.

i like the 50's style neck on my other LP a little better for blues

but the 60's is perfect to throw down some brutaz {censored}.

my satin ebony is going to end up with a pair of emg's and a black bridge/stoptail.

• Members

I think that's about all the lemonade you can squeeze out the pickle one would be in to dress that up.

I might have gone with chrome rings, knobs, and maybe pup covers, to keep things a little less stark. Either way, you guys are right... the options are limited. Blacking out would be cool, except the damned thing has a rosewood board, which drives me bat{censored} crazy on a black guitar. Adding zebra pups and maybe a checkerboard strap would be about as far as you could take it, but the pups may be over-investing.

Oh yeah, white pg too.

Archived