Does Wal-mart sell strings?

doc oc

• Members

That would be like an indicator to me that it's time to pack up and find another life (having to buy strings from Walmart). Just before I ran out of money recently I did the smart thing: I went online and purchased several sets of strings for each guitar so that I'd be in good shape for at least a year or so. The 3 and 10 sets save a bit on the per-pack costs and there is always a set from which you can cannibalize. I don't particularly like GHS anyway - I'm a D'Addario user.

• Members

Really?

That's {censored}in' cool.

:poke:

Yeah, really.

I've made about $300 this month (would have been $400 but the only way I could contact a buyer because he doesn't know how to check his spam was to refund his payment and add a note). And yet I still found it necessary to spend $30 to get FR spring lock blocks since I'm not going to let my $2000 EVH Wolfie sit around with a damaged one. I can really afford to sell two or three guitars if things get worse - a running theme since moving to Gloomyrado. There are two jobs out here for me: rancher or military. And I ain't neither. I'm an E/M designer, computer programmer, guitar player. The economy, for those who don't know, really sucks atm. I feel really bad for all of those young adults getting their degrees, steeped in debt, and confronting a market losing more jobs than available. I've been designing my Neo-revolutionary army uniform. When a government sucks, replace it (paraphrased from the DoI). This government is ineffectual and sucks. We need a new one and soon (!!).

• Members

GHS Jammers are NOT the same as boomers. They are much cheaper strings. Google 'em and you'll get the details.

They used to carry Boomers for 3.88 here locally and they moved to Jammers. I tried a set and they went dead pretty fast and I snapped 'em faster than I've ever snapped a string. I'll never buy another set.

-Mc

• Members

GHS Boomers always sounded dead from the start and tended to break easily to me - at least that has been my experience every time that I tried them. If the Wally-World offerings are even cheaper versions then I reconfirm my original position. :)

• Members

GHS Jammers are NOT the same as boomers. They are much cheaper strings. Google 'em and you'll get the details.

They used to carry Boomers for 3.88 here locally and they moved to Jammers. I tried a set and they went dead pretty fast and I snapped 'em faster than I've ever snapped a string. I'll never buy another set.

-Mc

umm,no...i have a set of jammers on my Sheena...the paper envelopes inside the box say boomers right on them.

• Members

-Mc

Yeah, when WalMart was selling Boomers music stores stopped buying them, so GHS pulled them out and put cheaper stuff in there.

• Members

damn you and your logic. The internet has no place for such drivel!

I've used Boomers for a long time. I like 'em. But if you don't like Boomers, you're gonna REALLY hate Jammers.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/bad-dog-cafe/94873-ghs-jammers.html

-Mc

Not really logic - just personal experience. Logically, it goes that if I found them inferior then an inferior version is even more inferior. :poke:

After thirty years of playing, I've tried my share of strings (though, not the nano-web stuff) and I've honed in on those which I like. Not an objective statement for sure. :)

• Members

umm,no...i have a set of jammers on my Sheena...the paper envelopes inside the box say boomers right on them.

According to GHS:

http://www.ghsstrings.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2199&sid=e807dd421a2fe903516393311fc7f31b

"GHS Jammers are a standard Nickel Plated steel electric guitar string with the same core to wrap ratio as Boomers. The string sets were designed for Walmart as an educational set, to teach beginning players the basics of strings. The main difference is in the manufacturing QC processes. "

• Members

According to GHS:

"GHS Jammers are a standard Nickel Plated steel electric guitar string with the same core to wrap ratio as Boomers. The string sets were designed for Walmart as an educational set, to teach beginning players the basics of strings. The main difference is in the manufacturing QC processes. "

i must have gotten a monday set or a friday set then because mine damn sure said boomers right on the envelope. however,the high e did break while trying to tune,i had to replace it with an EB single.

• Members

I read a few posts on different forums that say the paper sleeves say Boomers but it's written in black (instead of red for standard Boomers or Blue for Sub Zero Boomers). Next time I head to Wal-Mart I'll open up a box for curiosity sake.

Jammers are the first set of strings I removed WAY before I should have.

-Mc

Archived