Please rate my (virtual) creations

McDuffie

• Members

Please rate these guitars, if you don't mind. Please vote for the ones that you like the best.

Also, please mention which one you like the least.

Reasons you like or don't like them will be appreciated too.

PS: Whoever it was that introduced me to this site sucks. I am totally hooked now.

BatboyCaster.jpg

GrapeCaster.jpg

Lemon-LimeCaster.jpg

OrangeCreamsicleCaster.jpg

S-ModelSSS.jpg

S-ModelSSSPauFerro.jpg

SSS-Caster.jpg

StormCaster.jpg

TartanCaster.jpg

• Members

The only one that isn't "aesthetically awkward", interestingly enough, is the Batboy thing. I could see Jackson actually making that. The "Fender" types on the other hand, are all awkward looking because of the block inlays, the Bigsbys, and the lack of pickguards. Not that there's anything wrong with that, they just look "different". The semi-traditionalist would say "something is off", and the traditionalist would call them "wrong". Personally, I think they're cool. I'd just change the switching/electronics.

I do think you can design a really "out there" guitar that still pays a nod to a traditionally-styled guitar though, and still retains a singular identity so people don't think "WTF is that?" when they look at it.

• Members

The only one that isn't "aesthetically awkward", interestingly enough, is the Batboy thing. I could see Jackson actually making that. The "Fender" types on the other hand, are all awkward looking because of the block inlays, the Bigsbys, and the lack of pickguards. Not that there's anything wrong with that, they just look "different". The semi-traditionalist would say "something is off", and the traditionalist would call them "wrong". Personally, I think they're cool. I'd just change the switching/electronics.

I do think you can design a really "out there" guitar that still pays a nod to a traditionally-styled guitar though, and still retains a singular identity so people don't think "WTF is that?" when they look at it.

Thanks for this feedback. I am not so into block inlays that I wouldn't have it any other way. Dots are fine for me, but what I actually prefer is no inlays. I sort of concentrated on the rest of these instruments, and didn't really give much thought to the blocks.

Archived