Tube Preamp Question

thunder100

• Members

if you run it into the guitar input on the front you're going to be running the marshall signal through the pre-amp and tone controls of the roland, defeating the reason you're using the JMP1...

...if your amp has a post-amp input or an effects return you can use either safely...just keep your master volume down until you establish a base line volume to work from...

• Members

Thanks for the answers

I think now to use the Record out(speaker emulator) into the aux input of the Spider Jam.I think this should work and I will start with low(no) volume and then move on

Anybody has a JMP-1?

Which if any silent(bedroomlevel ) poweramp do you use

Thanks again

Roalnd

• Members

Thunder - for "silent recording" the JMP1 has compensated speaker output. This means you can run it directly into a mixer (with delay and reverb or whatever efx added) and it should sound good into headphones even.

Another "silent" way is to usethe regular output, the mono one into a Pod XT with the AMP MODELS OFF- setting is caalled " No AMP " on POD and you can still use all the speaker cab sims and efx and eq in the pod. This will sound like the JMP1 with cab sims and efx and will NOT sound like a Pod.

It will sound great into headphones or studio monitors or for recording.

Archived