Lucked out this week and scored a used SG Standard!

Burstbucker

• Members

I'm pretty stoked, I was looking through Kijiji the other night and saw that I guy just up the road from me was selling his near mint, two year old SG Standard with hardshell case for $750.00 Canadian (appx.$703.00 USD)

I wasn't planning on buying another guitar but this seemed like a deal too good to pass up, so I scrambled over to the banking machine and got over to his place in a hurry, I knew that it wouldn't last long at that price.

The guitar is near mint and is a real looker in that beautiful Heritage Cherry finish. It plays great and sounds just as good too.

I already had a Les Paul Standard and never dreamed that I'd ever get to add an SG to my collection but I lucked out this time.

I'm so happy with my new axe that I thought that I'd share my good fortune with you guys.

Anybody else here a fan of the SG Standard?

• Members

Nice score at a good price :thu:

I've realized by this point that I am just not a Gibby guy, but having owned a SG Std., it would be the only Gibby I would consider in the future.

Of course you realize, though, that your story has absolutely no credibility until you post pics ;):poke:

• Members

The guy who sold me this guitar had a new set of .009s on it which is too slinky for my tastes, I put on a set of .010s last night and torqued up the truss rod a bit to straighten the neck a bit more, the guitar plays a lot better IMHO.

I actually like the stock 490R and 498T pickups but I've got a '57 Classic and '57 Classic + on my Epiphone Dot Deluxe, I'm kind of half toying with the idea of putting those pickups on my SG, what do you guys think?

Archived