Did anyone see the new Fender website?

Dewysoss

• Members

Why does it look GC site? I may be missing something but I don't think so. Sure it looks like a webstore but according to the FAQS page you can't buy direct. I have spent time on the Fender Forum and I remember seeing a thread where people could give input about what they would like to see. My guess is they listened. I think it's great how they have it set up because it will sure help when it comes to narrowing down my selections the next time I buy a Fender.

• Members

I saw it within the first couple days of "release". It's pretty clean, but what I didn't like was the prices. They're continuing to raise the prices on a level that far outstripes inflation. Yes, I know that's par for the big U.S. companies, but in the face of recent economic issues, I think if any one of them froze prices OR, better yet, lowered them about 5% it would likely pay of big dividends in PR and customer loyalty. That said, Gibson and Fender have more customer loyalty than most brands, regardless of product.

I'd love to grab a few more U.S. guitars in my life, but the pricing has gone crazy. And would understand if they were low margin products, but they're not. If you can buy a guitar for 20-40% less than MSRP on any given day at any given music store, you know that the manufacturer is selling them for to the stores for 50-60% of that MSRP. To do that you know they've inflated the price of each unit like mad to make the profits they're comfortable with.

Anyway, I always end up drooling over 40% of the guitars Fender makes. They should have me as an endorser. I'm no good, provide no exposure, but I'd love the guitars more than their top 50 "name" endorsers...really I would.

• Members

Just looks like they are using a content management system for their product pages now. It's really not that big of a deal, I'm assuming it makes updating and adding product pages a lot easier for them.

Definitely, it's the way to go with product sites. The layout could be more artistic, but all the info you need it their.

• Members

...in the face of recent economic issues, I think if any one of them froze prices OR, better yet, lowered them about 5% it would likely pay of big dividends in PR and customer loyalty.

Guitars are luxury goods, not commodities. Take an economics course.

"Honey, I lost my job and the economy sucks, but good news! Fender froze prices, so I can go out and buy that USA Strat I've had my eye on, instead of paying the mortgage or buying milk and eggs."

• Members

Guitars are luxury goods, not commodities. Take an economics course.

"Honey, I lost my job and the economy sucks, but good news! Fender froze prices, so I can go out and buy that USA Strat I've had my eye on, instead of paying the mortgage or buying milk and eggs."

I thought thats how were supposed to be?:confused::lol:

Archived