Kind of surprised Dan Donegan is switching from Washburn to Schecter

mfergel

• Members

Nick Catanese, and he signed with Paul Reed Smith. Can't find a picture of his signature, but it's pretty ugly.

You're right. I was thinking it was Ernie Ball for some reason when I pictured the new PRS SE with his logo on it and I agree, ugly. Nowhere near as nice as his Washburn.

• Members

Yeah, front page........along with a few other artists endorsing Schecter as well. Decent guitars. I own a cheap 7-string (avenger I think is the model) and a C-1 Exotic. Have had a couple of others in the past. Of the two brands, I think the fit and finish has been a bit better on the Washburns.

Myself, if I had to compare the brands to auto manufacturers, the Schecter is a Dodge/Chevy and the Washburns have been more like Toyota/Nissan.

• Members

Must be why they've been clearing out those "Fall Out Boy" Washburns lately then.

Wonder if Washburn is running into some problems? Who's left? Nuno and Paul Stanley? I know what's his face from Black Label Society that plays with Zakk just dropped Washburn as well and now has a deal with Ernie Ball/Music Man.

If I had to guess on an endorsee, I would say Scott Ian. It has been quite some time since he used his signature models, playing with Jacksons instead.

Archived