Gibson Sonex

sgt mukuzi

• Members

are those the guitars that are made of MDF, but have a mahogany core, and regarded as some "new vibration technology" BS?

I remember a few years ago gibson started using two-way truss rods in some guitars and made a big thing about it being "new technology" when those truss rods have been around forever.

• Members

ive seen that clip

i bought it, i played a new les paul to make sure the sonex was better. the sonex had a raw bluesy quality the new LP was hollow and you can tell just by playing it unplugged. i chose the sonex over the new one, the neck on the sonex is amazing

• Members

Considered to be neck-and-neck with the Corvus as the worst guitar ever made by Gibson.

They don't actually sound too awful but for God's sake don't get it wet.

What happens when it gets wet? I bought one in some shady part of LA last summer. It was pretty neglected but I got it for cheap. Sounds fine to me though.

• Members

it's the first electric guitar I ever owned - I can't really say if it was decent or not, but I sure sucked back then

I remember it being pretty damn solid feeling and I marveled at it's powers

that little Yamaha Budokan amp was literally puking poorly played and out of tune Ramones songs

budoks.jpg

Archived