quick question on sound

igonuts2

• Members

From which period in time? He uses a lot of treble, and in the 80s he was using a phase shifter a lot.

maybe the time period i mentioned. early days. i swear, it looked like just the git..... but i dont know if any mods were ever done on the firebird.

and yea paulisme, thats why he be my git god.

• Members

maybe the time period i mentioned. early days. i swear, it looked like just the git..... but i dont know if any mods were ever done on the firebird.

and yea
paulisme
, thats why he be my git god.

As I said, a lot of treble. I read somewhere that he used cranked Fender amps with the treble on 10, and bass and middle on 0.

• Members
As I said, a lot of treble. I read somewhere that he used cranked Fender amps with the treble on 10, and bass and middle on 0.

a vintage tubed twin reverb would hep.....:mad:

so a little pignose cranked might do it. (apartment living is a f'd up)

• Members

It's a combination of heavy strings, thumb picks, amp settings, and DNA...

heavy strings are out. thick strings kill my finger tips nowdays. thumb picks in. i have arthritis and cant hang onto a flat pick anymore. strange, just in my right hand.....

so it's a stock git????????

• Members

untill he became a spokes person/rep for musicman. thats why he was at nashvile. promoting musicman amps. which is why i was wondering 'bout the git.

• Members

well, Musicman hasn't required a spokesperson for a long time and JDW has been using Fender amps again for quite some time.

so your saying, save the promo, he still uses fenders? pignose it is.....

prolly wasnt locked in like carlos and ibenez............

Archived