Best Deals of 2009...Let's Brag

epi56ebony

• Members

It seems both brick and mortar and online have been very "Grinchy" this Christmas with the sales.

Ahhh but it was only 1/2 a year back in the nice warm summer of 2009 when we had a GUITAR ORGY. It seemed every day a new phone in call special was being reported on the Great Deals thread. It got to the point I dreaded (well...almost) dreaded going to see what deal I could get.

Here's what I did get off the top of my head (yeah I went crazy this year and it really hurt my wallet but puh-leeze don't shed any tears for me)

Jazzmaster AVRI 62 $999.99 MF

Duosonic CV $199.99 MF

Jaguar HH (Made in Japan) $299 Fender Friday

Jaguar Bass and B DEC 30 Amp $499 Fender Friday

Telecaster Blackout $299 Fender Friday

Road Worn 50s Strat $599 (although they did go to 499! OUCH! )

Road Worn 50s Tele Blonde (GC Hollywood met the MF price and MF NEVER put the the blonde on special) $599

Master Built 70s Stratocaster Custom Shop $2600 Calif Vintage CS Road show

Highway One Telecaster $430 (399 + tax) GC "List" Sale

Ibanez AK 100 Hollow Body Sam Ash Northridge close out $500

Fender Stratacoustic Walnut Sam Ash Online Close out $110

PRS SE Custom 22 Grey Black Amazon Dec. Gold Box $299

Champion 600 Amp Guitar Center $99

Gibson Les Paul Special Black Guitar Center Used $400

Epiphone Slash Goldtop Best Buy Northridge $699 (out the door)

so I ended 2009 broke. I will not buy any guitar in 2010! uhhh, yeah right.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gibson Les Paul Axcess + Melody Maker for $1999

JVM410H at Northridge Guitar Center for $999

Peavey JSX combo at West LA GC for $369

Mesa Boogie Mark IV $750 on CL

Mesa Boogie Roadster head for $1000 on CL

PRS CU24 for $1000 on CL

• Members

Hrmm... I didn't buy much at all new this year. I did trade into a Classic Vibe 50s Strat for the equivalent of $125. And I traded into a Fender Twin II (Rivera era) for just under $400. And I got an 86 Squier Bullet and an extra Squier Contemporary Strat neck for $190. I got a pretty sweet Korean Epiphone LP for $100 out the door because of a bad solder joint. She's a keeper. And I got my #1 HB guitar, an Ibanez AX120 for $60 because of a dirty switch and another bad solder joint for $60 but I'm not 100% sure that was this year... Might have been late last December.

Probably my best deal was I got a 1995 Mexican Fender 'Squier Series' strat for $90 out the door, traded that for a Parker P42, traded THAT for an Ibanez hollowbody and case PLUS $100 cash, then traded that for the equivalent of $400 towards my AC15H1TV.

Thought it wasn't much actual money, I traded a pedal I got for free - so I'll assign a 'value' of $5 for it. I sold that guitar for $100 cash. $95 ain't much, but getting a 20X return on your money ain't too shabby.

• Members

It seems both brick and mortar and online have been very "Grinchy" this Christmas with the sales.

Ahhh but it was only 1/2 a year back in the nice warm summer of 2009 when we had a GUITAR ORGY. It seemed every day a new phone in call special was being reported on the Great Deals thread. It got to the point I dreaded (well...almost) dreaded going to see what deal I could get.

Here's what I did get off the top of my head (yeah I went crazy this year and it really hurt my wallet but puh-leeze don't shed any tears for me)

Jazzmaster AVRI 62 $999.99 MF

Duosonic CV $199.99 MF

Jaguar HH (Made in Japan) $299 Fender Friday

Jaguar Bass and B DEC 30 Amp $499 Fender Friday

Telecaster Blackout $299 Fender Friday

Road Worn 50s Strat $599 (although they did go to 499! OUCH! )

Road Worn 50s Tele Blonde (GC Hollywood met the MF price and MF NEVER put the the blonde on special) $599

Master Built 70s Stratocaster Custom Shop $2600 Calif Vintage CS Road show

Highway One Telecaster $430 (399 + tax) GC "List" Sale

Ibanez AK 100 Hollow Body Sam Ash Northridge close out $500

Fender Stratacoustic Walnut Sam Ash Online Close out $110

PRS SE Custom 22 Grey Black Amazon Dec. Gold Box $299

Champion 600 Amp Guitar Center $99

Gibson Les Paul Special Black Guitar Center Used $400

Epiphone Slash Goldtop Best Buy Northridge $699 (out the door)

so I ended 2009 broke. I will not buy any guitar in 2010! uhhh, yeah right.

:eek:

Maybe next year, you can actually control some of that GAS. BTW, have you sold any of those items?

• Members
for a few weeks in September the Natural Grocer's down the street had Annie's Cereals two for five dollars

that was a pretty sweet deal

sometimes they have Paul Newman's Cookies on sale, too

Ahh - probably an awesome deal - can't play guitar without substanance - although I traded an Agile AL2500 for a MIM Strat in candy apple red!

• Members

for a few weeks in September the Natural Grocer's down the street had Annie's Cereals two for five dollars

that was a pretty sweet deal

sometimes they have Paul Newman's Cookies on sale, too

so thats what they did with the body?

make cookies..

poor paul..

too soon..?

• Members

I got my Crate V3112 last January for only $184 shipped from Samedaymusic. It's been my main amp since, and I plan on keeping it indefinitely. Later on I even found out it was a USA made version so that was a cool bonus.

Dano Cool Cat pack (vibe, trem, tod) for about $65 shipped

Tascam DR-07 recorder for $99

Then, of course, the M123 'lunch' deals gave me an early Christmas. I received 5 out of 6 orders placed (a friend who got in on it barely 30 minutes later received nothing):

Epiphone Valve Jr 1x12 cab for $50 shipped ($30 after selling stock speaker)

ISP Decimator $40

Vox Pathfinder 15r $20

MXR Classic Fuzz $20

Angry Troll boost $20

Oh, and I almost forgot- Silvercreek T-160 for $100. Very nice acoustic with all solid woods and bone nut/saddle.

Archived