Locking tuners are God's give to mankind

gh0st

• Members
I don't like the incorrect assumption that they're somehow better for tuning stability. I'm mentioning it now even though nobody has said that yet because they will. Oh, they will.

Sure are handy for restringin' though.

:thu::thu::thu: If you know how to wind your strings you won't get any improvement. But I love my Autotrims. Makes string changes just like a good woman. Fast and easy.

• Members

I've never really considered changing strings to be too difficult without them either.

Difficult, no. Time-consuming, yes. Stringing my guitar with locking tuners takes about five minutes. Stringing my Strat takes at least three times that long.

• Members

I don't know. I have the ones with the flat head screw driver on the top to lock the strings down and between having to screw them down and then crank the tuner then screw them down some more...I really don't see much of a difference.

I think those are the Grovers, which are by far my least favorite locking tuner. Try Schaller, Planet Waves, or Gotoh.

• Members

YES!!!

:D

I just prefer 'em. My Wilky chrome ones hold tune just perfectly... plus they're neater. No little sharp string ends.

I'm the kind of guy who likes working on my guitar as well. I'd rather set it up myself than take it to a shop to get it done for me, and I would rather spend some time with my trusty stringwinder than just pop a string in a hole, tune it a bit, and be done with it in a flash. I see no fun in that. I enjoy tinkering and working on my guitar just as much as playing it.

57headstock.gif

^ Sex on a headstock :love:

Archived