Finished mods on my new Epi SG.

Darkstorm

• Members

Cosmetic mods are black speed knobs and fretlord glow dotz fretmarkers for fretboard. Sound mods is EMG H1 neck pup and BC Rich BDSM bridge pup. Gives darker tone with richer harmonics and detail along with longer note fade out then the stock pups had. The stock pups once adjusted where good crunchy ones but had to much treble emphasis, not as good a lows thru highs balance as I prefer and to compliment mahogany body and neck. I like the clarity and articulation of the EMG H4 better then most pups inc dimarzios & Seymours Ive tried in the past on some guitars. And the BC Rich BDSM bridge pup remains my fave bridge pup over others Ive tried. Not as bright as many, and good crunch factor with excellent drive.

Also moved both strap buttons for better fit to body for me. Didnt like how front button let the guitar tip forward, so moved it up to the back of the top horn. And moved rear strap button a little higher. Was originally dead center.

Been wanting a all mahogany guitar, nontrem, and decided the Epi G400 Sg best bang for buck with better tone shaping ability then most guitars with its seperate vol & tone for each pup. Picked the gothic Sg version for satin black finish with black hardware and no fret markers. Not that big a fan of the giant trap inlays most SG's have.

So what mods have you given your epi SG?

• Members

cratz2: Ive got the front of fretboard ones on both my guitars and both basses. But decided against the side of fretboard ones since they create noticeable felt bump against thumb when sliding hand up and down fretboard. So I use the little side of fretboard ones for knob markers and whatever on other things like a couple laser pointers I have. The front of fretboard ones also somehow look nicer to me then most nonabolone dot fretboard markers in daylight too.

Archived