Name me some famous guitar players with small hands.

bloolight

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Having small hands would make mandolin playing easier I would think. But what do you do when you have thick sausage fingers that are short too?

Sometimes I wish my hands were stubbier, or at least stronger. Unfortunately they are short and skinny, which limits both my reach and my strength. It's hard for me to get good leverage on barre chords...its one reason why I'm a {censored}ty rhythm player.

• Members

I too have small hands but I've been told I'm an 'accomplished' guitarist (although I have been playing for 19 years). Personally, I find it much easier to play a 24 3/4 scale length (Les Paul) then the 25 1/2 scale length (Strat) - and I have 2 of each of those guitars. So try a smaller scale length.

• Members

Johnny Hiland's hands are so fat and his fingers are so short and pudgy they almost look like hairless deformed paws youd find on an alien in star wars, they look like they couldnt do anything except for the simplest motor skills, after seeing him play though nobody can make excuses about their hand size or shape limiting them on guitar

• Members

the rock walk at hollywood GC is pretty interesting - it's a lot of molds of famous players' hands. i always thought i had small hands, but apparently mine are the same size as jimmy page's (little bigger, actually) and slash's and several others - which left me pretty stoked.

angus young's are the same size as ol girl's - and she's tiny.

• Members

I have average to small size hands. I can play fairly decent i suppose. I have developed a lot of stretch in my fretting hand though and can reach pretty well. 25.5" scale guitars can sometimes feel a little big and 24.75 sometimes feels too scrunchy to me especially on the upper frets...I usually choose a 25.5 scale guitar. My Ibanez JS1200 is 25.5 but just fits perfect. I presume Satch has small hands as he's a small guy.

Archived