Jump to content

can someone explain the different types of Pots


Recommended Posts

  • Members

I need to replace the bridge volume pot on my Michael Kelly Hex Delux. It has passive pots. It has humbuckers


The bridge pup quit working. I thought it might have a bad solder. I resoldered it and it worked but only why the pot was still warm from the iron.


I went through this several times and each time it would work until it cooled off.

anyway this has really small pots and its suppose to be a top of the line from MK.


I figure I may as well put an coil tap in. I like to be able to roll off my volume a little and bring it up for lead work as a boost.


so what is it called that I need and do the shafts come in standard size?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...