your first "good" guitar

Help!I'maRock!

• Members

if your guitar playing experience was anything like mine, it went something like this:

bug your parents to buy you a guitar. they get you some cheap POS and say "i'll get you a proper one when you can play something".

i started playing on a 70s strat copy with a 3 barrel bridge in the summer of '91. after 2 years, i got my '93 MIJ Ibanez RG. its been heavily modified and beat the crap out of during the past 16 years, but sounds and plays great.

Photo36.jpg

what's yours?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Aaahh yes... In the summer of 1981, almost 17, I drove to a music store and bought a $70 POS... It really sucked... In fact, I have a good friend who still has it as kind of a joke...

Well, in 1985, I found a barely used Washburn Falcon, made in around 1980... That is still my one and only electric, and I still think it's a great guitar... So, my first good electric guitar has been my only good one to date...

• Members

Sears Roebuck no-named, Jackson knockoff for $39.00. Pawned it for $100.00 to an idiot that couldn't identify it, but it was pretty and sounded like an electric fart machine.

Saved money for nearly two years and purchased a Jackson USA Soloist from the Custom Shop in the early 90's. Took nearly another year for the build completion.

• Members

I started out on a student sized classic guitar. Played for a couple of years, then quit. Got an electric for Christmas when I was 13 or so. It was a Dean 'Firecrackle' from the Sears catalog. I then built a guitar in wood shop my sophomore year, and built another couple of guitars during high school.

My first truely good guitar was my PRS CE24, which I got when I graduated from high school in 1993.

PRS.jpg

• Members

2000 model year American Deluxe Strat. I think I got it in 2002 as a Christmas present from my grandparents. Before that I was playing on a {censored}ter no name acoustic with country flavored accents on the pickguard that used to belong to my aunt. I think it was probably a late 70s to early 80s guitar. I still have it somewhere but the nut broke in half so it only has 3 strings lol.