NVGD!!!

Mid Life Crisis

• Members

Just before Xmas, I decided to splash out on a vintage guitar. I'm self-employed and, thanks to a good year, got a decent dividend out of my business and thought a nice guitar would make a good reward. I was amazed when I found this and also just how (relatively) affordable these guitars are...

It's a 1957 Gibson ES-225TDN...all stock apart from new frets and a couple of filled-in holes where a Bigsby used to be. I'm loving the P90s in this baby; it sounds absolutely perfect for Grant Green-style jazz, and it's a joy to play:

ES-225TDN.jpg

• Members

I am curious what "relatively affordable" is cuz that looks like big bucks from here.

Congrats on a good year and a beautiful guitar.

Vintage boobies:

loren_mansfield.jpg

Thank you for the entirely appropriate, and I must say very classy, boobies. What I mean is, it was about the same price for a brand new Gibson ES-335, which I found amazing considering the vintage and the quality.

• Members

Vintage boobies:

loren_mansfield.jpg

That's such an amazing classic picture (seen it before some time ago, saved it this time ;)) . Can't blame Sophia for stealing a good look. Jayne's mammories make Sophia's ample voluptuous fununs look like mosquito bites in comparison.

Oh, and great looking guitar. High on the cool factor. :cool:

Archived