Was watching me some PBS fundraising last night

Frets99

And they were playing R&R Hall of fame highlights.

I just love Prince's playing and showmanship as he closes out this George Harrison classic, WMGGW!

The action starts around 3:28 with George's son smiling as Prince gets ready to solo.

[YOUTUBE]HoR6YQ1V8ks[/YOUTUBE]

Very Cool!!

• Members

Was watching me some PBS fundraising last night

Darn "Taxxachucetts" liberals, watching your "funded by my stolen tax dollars" PBS!

Turn to darn channel over to FOX--that Glen Beck plays a mean slide guitar, which he bought the old fashion way: buy selling commercial-time!

Oh, uh, wrong forum--my bad.

Darn "Taxxachucetts" liberals, watching your "funded by my stolen tax dollars" PBS!

Turn to darn channel over to FOX--that Glen Beck plays a mean slide guitar, which he bought the old fashion way: buy selling commercial-time!

Oh, uh, wrong forum--my bad.

That's all right. An honest mistake... :D I hear Glen makes his guitar weep... and then he does too... :p

• Members

Is Prince a bit ... odd? Yeah. Can he play? {censored} yeah!

He may sometimes do
:freak:
things, but at least he's following his OWN direction rather than being just another cookie cut-out pop star.

Eccentric? To say the least but an extraordinary musician!

He can play the strings of a guitar, craft an enduring song, has more money than the Queen and has enjoyed the "company" of many incredibly gorgeous women.

...I'll be right back. I'm going to go feel sorry for myself!

:lol:

• Members

I never realized that Prince was such a beast on guitar. I watched this and my jaw dropped open. By far, one of the best performances I've seen.

When I saw him in concert, for the second part of the show he came out with just an acoustic guitar (purple), and started playing some blues.

He was able to capture the audience's attention with just his acoustic guitar, after we had experienced his amazing band with guitars, drums, bass, sax (Candy Dulfer and Maceo Parker IIRC), background singers, etc.

Incredible guy!

• Members

I love that clip. Never gets old. Where on earth does he throw that guitar at the end?

I've been wondering that myself...how would you like to be the guy who has the responsibility of catching the guitar?

My favorite part is right about 5:00...Prince looks over at Dhani as if to say, "Yeah, I was getting a little crazy there, wasn't I?"

• Members

Damn! George's son is the spitting image!

Prince is a monster musician all around and doesn't get half the recognition he deserves as a guitar player.

Prince was named as one of the greatest electric guitar players of all time in a recent Time Magazine. I don't know about that but he is very, very, very good. Here's a link.

One of the YouTube video's showing this clip, calls it the greatest guitar solo ever.

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1916544_1921866,00.html

Will someone please find out where that guitar ended up so we can all get some sleep tonight!:confused::)

• Members

Prince was named as one of the greatest electric guitar players of all time in a recent Time Magazine. I don't know about that but he is very, very, very good. Here's a link.

One of the YouTube video's showing this clip, calls it the greatest guitar solo ever.

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1916544_1921866,00.html

Will someone please find out where that guitar ended up so we can all get some sleep tonight!
:confused::)

He has been recognized! He was also chosen to play the Super Bowl and he pulled that off tremendously!

Funny we don't mention him much here or maybe I just haven't noticed. Great guitar player.

• Members

My mother in Law (they are from Minneapolis) waited on him in some resteraunt back when he was just hitting the big time. She said he was a very nice and polite young man. He was very gracious and well spoken to her and thanked her for her service and left her a very generous tip.

She had no idea who he was but my wife and brother in law (this would have been before we ever met) filled her in on who it was.

She had only good comments on his behavior but said he barely touched his food!!

Now in comparison I find the vast majority of "rising" pop stars to be complete {censored}heads.