Do you make goofy faces when you are playing a solo?

Alex W

• Members

I don't. Almost every guitar player I see acts like they are really getting into it when playing a solo, and my expression is no different playing a solo than it is playing rhythm. Am I not feeling the music enough?

...well...

...it is preferable for da audience to make faces ...like :eek::love::thu: and not like :facepalm::confused::mad::rolleyes::bor:

...it would be of course da most ironical incongruence to see da guitar playa making faces when the audience is clearly not ...cos they fallin asleep ...

• Members

I make weird faces no matter what kind of playing I'm doing.

I KNOW it's a terrible habit but for some reason I can't stop "feeling" the music.

Shame on me.

I think it's a good thing. I'm too robotic. I feel like I'm not getting into it enough.

• Members
I sometimes (maybe more than sometimes) stick my tongue out. Not all the way, but either half way out to the front or to the side. To be honest I often do this whenever I'm thinking.... my GF makes a big deal of it, she thinks it's hilarious. Fortunately no one in the band has noticed, or at least said anything (to my face).

• Members

I think it's a good thing. I'm too robotic. I feel like I'm not getting into it enough.

People tell me it looks like I'm trying to "vocalize" what I'm playing.

This makes sense to me because when I play (especially during improvisation) I try to let my emotions and thoughts out through the guitar. So I figure if my body is trying to push all of those "words" out in the guitar, a lot of it is going to leak through my mouth.

Archived