PRS SE Custom 22 and 24 discontinued

epi56ebony

• Members

I'm wondering if the PRS SE line was cutting too much into the PRS USA line.

The PRS SE soapbars were discontinued 2 years ago, that's when GC blew them out for 250 (with excellent PRS Gigbag). I did score one of those and love it.

Also, what is the difference between Custom 22 and Custom 24.

• Members

I believe you will see new models in the SE line.

I highly doubt that PRS will completely eliminate the SE line, as it has been quite successful (not to mention profitable).

I think that PRS is concentrating on the 25th Anniversary models for now, although there have been rumors of a Mira SE in the not-too-distant future :love:

• Members

Gotta say I'm very suprised to see this news! I wonder whats in the pipeline. If there is anything I would've thought the logical way is to discontinue just as they're about to bring out newer better versions. So if anythings going to happen it should be revealed soon otherwise it wouldn't make sense!

• Members

I have the SE SH Soapbar model and I love it. I don't think it needs a pickup change. Although I would love to try a set of BG Vintage P90's. The only upgrade I felt it needed was a Tusq nut.

I would clarify that I've never tried the Soapbar models. :wave:

• Members

I was not directing my comment
at
you. I was just stating that the P90's do not need replacing, imho.
:thu:

That's cool. I felt the qualification of my statement was warranted either way.

I would have liked to have picked up one of the solid body Soapbar guitars as well when they had the clearance sale on them, but they went out of the stores quite a bit quicker than the SE Customs.

• Members

I own a five-year-old PRS SE Soapbar II that I love and will likely never part with. The Custom 22 didn't give me the same mojo. I had two of 'em. One I returned to MF because the fixed bridge was improperly mounted so that it was impossible to intonate. The second one just never had any good tunes in it for me so I cashed it in on Ebay.

You can still find those Soapbar IIs on Ebay for cheap money. Great guitar if you like a simple plank.

• Members

Yup.

But it's gonna take a while to get to the 299 - 399 prices we've been seeing on the discontinued models. price is almost half of what Elderly is charging for that model. With all of the savings you could buy USA pickups and still get the guitar cheaper than what Elderly is charging.

Archived