mobile recording devices - H4N??

Bluesidae

• Members

Hi Gang,

I want to record my guitar playing. Just simple Blues tunes. Nothing fancy - for my own uses and to share with friends. Recording directly into a computer is not an option and I do not want to spend a great deal of time editing the songs (I would rather spend the time playing the guitar :) ).

The Zoom H4N seems like a popular option. Is there anything else out there that I should consider??

thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

• Members
Hi Gang,

I want to record my guitar playing. Just simple Blues tunes. Nothing fancy - for my own uses and to share with friends. Recording directly into a computer is not an option and I do not want to spend a great deal of time editing the songs (I would rather spend the time playing the guitar
:)
).

The Zoom H4N seems like a popular option. Is there anything else out there that I should consider??

thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

Anyone?? Someone must be able to provide me with advice/suggestions!

• Members

I just got a Zoom H2 for Christmas. I really haven't had the chance to give it a good workout, but the little I've messed around with it, it seems to do what I want it to. I think the biggest difference between the H2 and H4 is the H4 allows you to do overlay tracks (sound on sound), so would be more suitable for studio use. The H2 is a straight up simple recorder... sounds good, easy to use, and cheap.

Archived