Are the Line 6 Pod Studio UX1/UX2 any good for recording?

TheBlueStrat

• Members

Hi,

Been looking for a recording dealie that will let me record guitar and vocals, and I've come across the Line 6 Pod studio UX1 and the UX2. It looks pretty compact and simple to use and with software, and it doesn't seem to be too expensive.

Do any of you have experience with these? And what are the advantages of the UX2 over the UX1? Thanks in advanace.

• Members

UX2 has more inputs for running more than one mic or using active electronics, etc, etc, while the UX1 is more straight forward, one input for XLR and one for instruments. They're very easy to use. The PodFarm is very good, as well. Make sure to get the Gold bundle though, it has all the model packs which are COMPLETELY worth it.

• Members

I have a ux1 and it's awesome for recording purposes. I think conceptually I'd like to go with a miced amp for a certain feel for certain tracks, but as a solid base of great sounding guitar sounds that don't need any fussing over (as far as mic position etc etc) the ux1 is extremely good.

I recorded a squier/xaviere comparison with the ux1 recently. http://www.gulchcomic.com/images/squire-vs-xav-clean1.mp3

Archived