December Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had a Jet City 20 Watt head ordered on MF in backorder status. The same amp qualified for the "15off4u" code on Music 123.

I called MF and they honored it. So the $299 head will now cost me 254.15.

Just looked up that jet city amp. Never heard of it before. 299.00, designed by soldano...hrmm....very interesting. Doesn't look like it has reverb though. Does it have an fx loop?

• Members

EMG *GOLD FINISHED* 85 Humbuckers are $59 ea at Amazon. These are the active pickups with all the trimmings (not the OEM passives).

31CvR6pPqPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/EMG-85-Humbucking-Active-Guitar/dp/B000FMM7K4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1259876014&sr=8-6

For some odd reason it's a picture of a paper shredder, but hopefully it's a guitar pickup that ships.

EMG Chrome and Gold other versions are $95 ea.

Looks like they're $125 everywhere else for these Chrome and Gold versions.

• Members

I always appreciate a great deal period on this site of ours... and here is one I just took.

Walmart.com has 20% cash back right now through bing.com
Go to bing.com if you have questions - can't be used for gift cards but most other stuff it can... and that's a killer deal.

You could even pick up a top quality first act guitar while on the site.:rolleyes:

Hope this helps someone with Christmas shopping.

---- just search for wii on bing.com and walmart is the second choice down.

• Members

Just looked up that jet city amp. Never heard of it before. 299.00, designed by soldano...hrmm....very interesting. Doesn't look like it has reverb though. Does it have an fx loop?

no fx loop, no reverb. Plenty of youtube clips. I am a sucker for budget low wattage heads.

• Members
no fx loop, no reverb. Plenty of youtube clips. I am a sucker for budget low wattage heads.

damn, not interested then. My palomino head blows it away. Just as small, 30 watts, 2-channel, reverb, and fx loop. Got it new for 299.00. They don't make them anymore though. :cry:

Saw a used one a couple months ago for like 175.00 and almost bought it as a spare.

• Members

Both my Bugera V5 and blackheart cab are due tomorrow... wish I was a bit quicker, there's some other stuff I needed to steal from them.

+1111111111111111111

not ordering more things is haunting me at night and will stay with me for a while. what a rare opportunity that was.

• Members

from them.

I know I'll get burned at the stake for this, but I really don't give a {censored}.

So let me get this straight.....all you guys who cashed in on M123's {censored}up, you don't see anything wrong with this picture ?

You would all be howling like banshees if they had {censored}ed you in some way............

• Members

I know I'll get burned at the stake for this, but I really don't give a {censored}.

So let me get this straight.....all you guys who cashed in on M123's {censored}up, you don't see anything wrong with this picture ?

You would all be howling like banshees if they had {censored}ed you in some way............

I'm on the side of people. they {censored}ed up their coupon and people got something for a good price. SO WHAT? *WHO* does that hurt? please explain to me who that hurts. it's a giant company staffed by people who could care less if you got something for $100 off or not. no skin off their back.

if music 123 {censored}s a person, then I care because someone DID get hurt.

• Members

I'm on the side of people. they {censored}ed up their coupon and people got something for a good price. SO WHAT? *WHO* does that hurt? please explain to me who that hurts. it's a giant company staffed by people who could care less if you got something for $100 off or not. no skin off their back.

if music 123 {censored}s a person, then I care because someone DID get hurt.

just to play devil's advocate here, you do realize that somewhere at M123 there is an actual person who set up the online coupon? A real person, maybe with a family to support, kids, wife/husband, etc...? What if M123 management decides to either fire the web person who made the mistake or they tell him he's got to pay them back every 100.00 out of his own pocket? Granted, you could always say "well, he {censored}ed up so he deserves it" but what if it was just a simple human error and the person has a family to support and now he ends up either unemployed or having to give M123 several hundred or several thousand $$$ which he had set aside as his xmas money to buy his kids presents and now his kids will not get any xmas presents and he might end up celebrating xmas morning by standing in the unemployment line or the soup line instead of watching his kids opening their gifts? All because you wanted to take advantage of a faceless company and thought no one would get hurt by it.

Grinch.jpg

• Members
just to play devil's advocate here, you do realize that somewhere at M123 there is an actual person who set up the online coupon? A real person, maybe with a family to support, kids, wife/husband, etc...? What if M123 management decides to either fire the web person who made the mistake or they tell him he's got to pay them back every 100.00 out of his own pocket? Granted, you could always say "well, he {censored}ed up so he deserves it" but what if it was just a simple human error and the person has a family to support and now he ends up either unemployed or having to give M123 several hundred or several thousand $$$ which he had set aside as his xmas money to buy his kids presents and now his kids will not get any xmas presents and he might end up celebrating xmas morning by standing in the unemployment line or the soup line instead of watching his kids opening their gifts? All because you wanted to take advantage of a faceless company and thought no one would get hurt by it.

Grinch.jpg

+100 Honesty is always the best policy.....period.

• Members

Grinch.jpg

Well, if it is the same person that set up the last 3-4 coupons that malfunctioned in exactly the same way, maybe they need to be looking for another line of work anyway.

I work in IT, and I'm pretty sure if I ever make the exact same mistake more than once, I won't be around to see if I can get away with it 4 times...

• Members

that's really taking speculation to an extreme so I can't form an opinion. it sounds pretty unlikely though.

I don't think taking advantage of a broken coupon is dishonest. they auto put that friggin thing in my cart every time. I could easily have ACCIDENTLY done it. they'd be well within their right to cancel the order for any reason they want, but they didn't. I honestly don't feel a single bit bad about it. the only regret I feel is that I didn't take more advantage of it than I did. it's rare to get a break.

• Members

Grinch.jpg

How is that the consumers fault? If a person went to the site, entered the coupon code and it took $100 off of any item in the cart, why is that their fault? It's not like they connived to find a way to rip this company off. All they did was put in a coupon code that took $100 off of any item in their cart.

As far as what happens to the individual who made this mistake, I'm a firm believer in personal responsibility. If there's blame to be laid, it belongs at the feet of the person who screwed up, not at the feet of consumers. If a store puts up the wrong price on a item, they're still obligated to sell it for that price. It's not the consumers fault that the store advertised the wrong price.

• Members

How is that the consumers fault? If a person went to the site, entered the coupon code and it took $100 off of any item in the cart, why is that their fault? It's not like they connived to find a way to rip this company off. All they did was put in a coupon code that took $100 off of any item in their cart.

As far as what happens to the individual who made this mistake, I'm a firm believer in personal responsibility. If there's blame to be laid, it belongs at the feet of the person who screwed up, not at the feet of consumers. If a store puts up the wrong price on a item, they're still obligated to sell it for that price. It's not the consumers fault that the store advertised the wrong price.

There is a process in software development. Part of that process is called TESTING. The other part is called SIGNOFF. Obvisouly someone at M123 cut corners

Archived