Pick-up/Pot Change-Thinline Tele

truckdub

• Members

I was thinking about changing the bridge pick-up on my reissue thinline tele. It's the '69 reissue with the vintage tele pickups. Considering a tele style humbucker for the bridge. Any suggestions? I have also heard that changing the tone pot helps with these. Any thoughts?

• Members

I am not sure what that is. Sounds intriguing though. What is it?

This mod gives you both pickups in series and parallel, as well as each pickup alone. You will need to add a wire soldered to the neck pick up cover tab on the bottom of the neck pickup after disconnecting the solder connection from the black wire to that tab. I have two tele's with this set up and they sound great. Adding a treble bleed circuit to your volume pot is also helpful.

Here's a link for a wiring diagram on the 4 way switch:

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WDUSS4L1101

• Members

Got rid of both my pickup's in my thinline and replaced them with a set of samarium cobalt noiseless fender pickup's and changed the tone pot for a 1 k for that Danny Gatton sound .These pickup's kick major ass.
:thu:

Was considering those. I have been sitting here playing it for the last few hours and now I may just go with single coils. Although a SD Little 59' sounds interesting.

• Members

I did a pickup swap on my '69 Thinline reissue (limited edition). I put a Lace Sensor Gold in the neck which I like a lot and is nice and quiet. And a Little 59 in the bridge, with a push-pull for series/parallel. The 59 is an awesome bridge pickup for high gain leads. Definitely not traditional Tele tone, but takes distortion well. I also got rid of the insanely bright 1 meg pots that came with it and put in 250k - much better.

Thinline.jpg

• Members

I did a pickup swap on my '69 Thinline reissue (limited edition). I put a Lace Sensor Gold in the neck which I like a lot and is nice and quiet. And a Little 59 in the bridge, with a push-pull for series/parallel. The 59 is an awesome bridge pickup for high gain leads. Definitely not traditional Tele tone, but takes distortion well. I also got rid of the insanely bright 1 meg pots that came with it and put in 250k - much better.

Thinline.jpg

Thanks Karma. Yeah, if I do nothing else I am going to change the tone pot. My Tele can be piercingly bright. I like the looks of your tele btw. Nice!

• Members

Thinline.jpg

Funny but that is the same exact model thinline I changed the pickup's and guts in.Fender only made 200 or so of these guitars.These samarium noiseless pickup's have some real ball's.:thu:

Archived