Planned Gear Acquisitions for This Year?

hellion_213

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A Hermida Zendrive.

Otherwise, I dunno. I'm kind of tight on space so I'm not sure getting a new guitar or amp makes sense. I might get a traditional Nashville style bridge to replace the Schaller roller bridge on my Heritage, and maybe some Lollar pickups and high-end pots/caps. But I've been wanting a nice mechanical watch for awhile so I may splurge on some silly piece of bling, we'll see.

• Members

Snaxe.

And assorted accouterments, like a midid controller, and an exp pedal.

Goin back to work is gonna be tough after 18 months of leave but I look forward to getting my paycheck back. Hopefully I can put all the layoff threats behind me. I got two "intent to furlough" letters in nearly as many years. '08, and '09 were dark years.

• Members

nothing planned on account of I ain't got no money but if I happen into a windfall, I'll probably pick up one of the blackstar HT5 full stacks or an agile or epi goldtop/p90 les paul copy.

Only expense I actually have planned right now is a pro setup for my LP. I tried messing with it myself and ended up putting it all out of whack.

• Members

i'm planning on picking up a Jet City Combo, 20 watts with reverb and 1x12 Eminence.....played them at GC a few weeks ago....wow.....screamin' hot amp....but pretty much a one trick pony.....balls out rock.....one input....one channel....EL-84's

the info says this..."Each tube guitar amp is meticulously hand-built and rigorously tested, ensuring 100% legit tone, and unflinching reliability." - Mike Soldano

4234529659_3d5e60e47c_o.jpg

4234529665_101a52a9b4_o.jpg

• Members

I've got {censored} on order

Used Dano Hodad just bought last night off of flea bay

Marshall Class5

Tech 21 Trademark 30

Damage Control Liquid Blues (arriving Mundai)

After that I really hope to put a freeze on and just pay some {censored} off.

This next year I hope to builds me two guitar storage racks, both double deckers. One for my hardcase guitars and another for my gigbag guitars. It's just getting ridiculous and it's too hard to retrieve them the way it is now. Every time I go to retrieve one it's kinda like playing dominoes and the hassle prevents me from rotating out neglected ones and putting away my toyz. I'm a bad boy.

• Members

An Epi Wilshire for sure. Trying to be patient and wait for a sale. Will probably end up getting some Duncan Mini-buckers for it as well.

Thinking about gutting my Crate Palomino V8 and building a new cab to house a 12" speaker and the amp.

Have to buy some new pots for my HH modded MIM tele. Used some cheapo 500ks from my squier strat project and they're scratchy. I'm starting to really like the tone and playability of it so I want it to be tip top.

Will be scouring CL for some deals as always.

• Members

The only that has caught my eye right now is the new all black MIJ Jaguar HH in the latest MF catalog. I don't have anything with the shorter 24" scale length and might be fun to have around. If I had the $$ I'd love to pickup one of the new Mark V heads and a Carr Mercury or similar super low wattage amp for night time practicing. I'll do good to get the Fender by the wife though since like most folks here, money is tight, tight, tight...

Later, Jim

Archived