How much is a 1989 Kramer Baretta Guitar worth?

codecontra

• Members

All the graphics are silly, that's what makes them cool (kinda).

Yeah, but I would rather something 80's cheesy like a panther or pair of chick's legs or something. This one is kinda like, "eh". Oh well, I offered him $400, hoping he will come back at $450 and then it's going on ebay with a $1 bid and no reserve and hope for the best.

• Members

If that goes on ebay you won't get it for $500.00.

That graphic is cool because it's totally what I think of when I think of the 80s Kramer stuff.

Look at these - the one you posted fits right it:

KRA_1711.jpg

KRA_6760.jpg

KRA_2773.jpg

I remember seeing the Marilyn Monroe, Lynch Dive Bomb models and the stupid tiger spot bodies but (believe it or not) it was in 89 - 91 and those were ESP.

BC Rich made the snakeskin stuff and the girl type things.

• Members

Just an FYI, and I don't know if it matters to you or not... That "American" on the headstock was just a series. It doesn't mean they were MIA. Those were MIJ by ESP. Great guitars, just had murky marketing (which is, according to legend, the reason EVH dumped Kramer..)

And I agree, that graphic is funky and cool.. You shoulda hit it for $500.

• Members

Well the deal is still in the works. He opened the door with a "$500 or best offer" request and I am going to try and get it for $450. If he won't drop to $450, I might take it for $500, but money is tight right now and I would need to turn it over quickly on ebay. We shall see.

• Members

Just another FYI, I'm not sure that guitar is a 91. I could be wrong, as I like Kramers but am not an authority but I think by 91 they had a Jackson Soloist type of shape - not a Strat shape.

That combines with the graphic style would lead me to believe it's an earlier guitar body with a newer neck - again, I could be 100% wrong - hopefully a Kramer expert will tell us for sure.

I just remember the catalog when the Baretta I and II came out and I swear they had soloist bodies. The headstock (from the picture) looks to be a 91ish, but does it say Baretta I or does it just say Baretta?

• Members

Just another FYI, I'm not sure that guitar is a 91. I could be wrong, as I like Kramers but am not an authority but I think by 91 they had a Jackson Soloist type of shape - not a Strat shape.

That combines with the graphic style would lead me to believe it's an earlier guitar body with a newer neck - again, I could be 100% wrong - hopefully a Kramer expert will tell us for sure.

I just remember the catalog when the Baretta I and II came out and I swear they had soloist bodies. The headstock (from the picture) looks to be a 91ish, but does it say Baretta I or does it just say Baretta?

I haven't seen the guitar yet in person, just pics. He told me it is an '89. I will have to check out what the neck says.

• Members

Just an FYI, and I don't know if it matters to you or not... That "American" on the headstock was just a series. It doesn't mean they were MIA.

Yeah at that time the necks and bodies were made by ESP. But the parts were then shipped to New Jersey where they were painted, wired, and assembled etc. I have a '87 graphic and it sounds phenomenal. I think the body is maple.

• Members

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

I agree, but it doesn't look like a very familiar graphic (not that I'm a Kramer expert), so that even makes it more of a deal....just in case a collector wants this item later on....and the OP decides to sell.....

LouLoomis

Archived