Ebay, or Ebore.....

kwoods

• Members
yeah, there are really no deals to be found, it's a global world after all - but it's still fun to look around at all the cool guits and make some lowball bids hoping to get lucky. I think guitarcenter/used and music go round offer better deals overall

got my First Act Garagemaster recently for $75. Just got a Radial Tonebone Plexitube in a new factory sealed box for $155. Got a Sabine NEX overdrive pedal (great sounding pedal that sold for $90 new) for $11.50.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
I think you're catching on!

Yeah, that's pretty much the same concept in watching classic guitars being auctioned on ebay.
:thu:

and the people are interested in the cars. You are interested in the bidding itself, not the guitars, at least that's how you've been wording your rant.

• Members
and the people are interested in the cars. You are interested in the bidding itself, not the guitars, at least that's how you've been wording your rant.

"Rant"? Um, ok. But maybe you didn't see this quote from me in an earlier post; "No games being played, sir. I just have an interest in guitars and the market." :)

• Members
Stunning comeback, ace.
:rolleyes:

lame_ass_thread.gif

Good one Tex. Now, A) why don't you get the hell out of my thread, and B) Start one of your own that will get as many replies as this one. Hmmmmmm? I'll give you until this time next week. Somehow, I doubt you can do it. :wave:

Deal?

Later.:thu:

• Members
I feel Ebay sucks hardcore compared to what it once was.

Amen Brudda ! eBAY is a parody of what it once was. At one time you could look for the Holy Grail and find it, now all you get is what you can find everywhere else for the same price.

• Members

I feel that ebay is a very accurate judge of market value. When I'm auctioning an item, I always research what the market it getting. Say, I'm selling a pedal that will probably end at $100.

Instead of BIN for $100 or put in some reserve, I start my auctions at $1 no reserve. When I do this, I would not be surprised for it to end at $110. People get excited and emotional over the $1 start and they will predictably go over my item's $100 BIN competitor.

• Members
I feel that ebay is a very accurate judge of market value. When I'm auctioning an item, I always research what the market it getting. Say, I'm selling a pedal that will probably end at $100.

Instead of BIN for $100 or put in some reserve, I start my auctions at $1 no reserve. When I do this, I would not be surprised for it to end at $110. People get excited and emotional over the $1 start and they will predictably go over my item's $100 BIN competitor.

I got this guitar brand new for $182 from a dealer who set it up on a $1 auction. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Jack-Daniels-EXP-Electric-Guitar?sku=511407