You know, they should really offer American Standard Strats/Teles in more colors...

KidEh

• Members

Don't you facepalm me, with this post i (think i) cease to become a junior member!

Not everybody is into DIY guitars (although i get the odd idea to mod mine out every now and again).

EDIT: God dammit how many posts do i need?

:lol:

Sorry man, but that was funny.

By the way, I agree with you about the pickguard. I hate white pickguards on a Strat. I have one in this colour combo:

0101400750_xl.jpg

• Members

It would be really cool to see them offer a custom order color choice for a minimum upcharge. I realize you could get any color you want through the custom shop, but having access to some cool vintage type colors on a modern guitar without paying an arm and a leg for it would be cool. I'd order an american standard in aztec gold and one in black pearl straight away.

• Members

Just saying...

I mean, if I could get a surf green American Standard I probably would in a heartbeat.

Yes, for people with good taste, this is true. But if it were true, there would be just as many or more people that would say, "Why don't they just make American Standards in Black and Sunburst cause all those other colors are lame." Also, custom color options on a standard would kinda defeat the purpose of having a standard. As much as we hate it, more people want black and sunburst.

• Members

I think Fender does a pretty good job of introducing new colors and rotating old ones. Remember, colors like Surf Green, Fiesta Red, Aztec Gold, etc. were not standard colors when they were introduced in the first place. For a while it was "any color you want as long as it's sunburst". The fact that you can now buy them off the rack as a Vintage series or a Dealer's Special Run is a huge improvement.

And I agree with the response about the pickguard. Replacing the 'guard on a Strat is the easiest guitar mod there is and the options for something really unique have never been more readily available.

D

• Members

I think if any top-selling guitar needs more color vaiations, it's the current Les Paul standards. All of their "burst" colors just seem to be varying shades of the same color palette.

Amen. I saw an ad for a whole pallette of LPs with special limited-edition bursts with names like "burnt wheat burst," "whiskey burst," sunset burst," etc., etc.

I honestly couldn't tell one from the other.

Archived