Friday Face Off

Elias Graves

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

cool idea that i don't really have time for right now. definitely do it weekly.

i do have to burst your bubble though. the GPOTD has been an HC institution for 6 years now. Mystixboi1 did it for 5 years before passing it on to me. and one of the things he used to do was a "guitar war" where there would be a poll and pics. unfortunately, i don't have time for it right now. but that'll change in the new year. stay tuned.
:thu:

I declined to burst that bubble myself. I always enjoyed those polls. Props to the OP though, for a good selection of guitars to go head-to-head.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I have played them both and to me no comparison the Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster Spalted Maple HH is made better it plays better it feels better looks better and is better. I own a HH and love it. Also owned other fenders for the last 35 years and this is not only the best deal fender has for the money it is my favorite fender guitar. (Actuallythe spalted maple is not my fav of the woods they have offered) But still a very very fine guitar.

• Members

To me neither is a tele, the spalted maple has set neck, mahogony body and fixed (non tele) bridge. The Black dove is closer but again has not a tele (to me) with respect to bridge and pickups. I think both are good looking guitars and as I like natural timber looks I vote for the dual humbucker.

Archived