Best Budget Pickup??

PurpleTeabag

• Members

if you're really on a budget, the best money spent would be for new pots - usually the stock pups sound a lot better after a pot upgrade, and why the {censored} would you spend $20-200 on new pickups and solder them to {censored}ty old pots?

I'm guessing you didn't fully read the OP. If I go from actives to passives the pots will most certainly be changed.

• Members

I had really, really good results with some Rockfield pickups, Think they run about $49 each. I had the vintage wound, but I've read good things about the entire line. They sounded awesome, very defined and clear (had them in a sz520, mahogany body, maple top). Would be my first pick.

• Members
What is the best budget pickup you have ever tried and what would you recommend for David Gilmour meets Eddie Van Halen meets Adam Dutkiewicz? I play alot of classic/hard rock as well as thrash, up to modern metal. So the pickup needs to be versatile. Almost forgot, I'm looking for humbuckers. Looking for bridge/neck suggestions.

By budget I mean under $50 each. Brands such as guitarhead, guitarfetish, dragonfire, tonerider, etc...

Thanks

I'm also willing to go Duncan/Dimarzio. What pickup set would you suggest?

• Members

sorry got posts mixed up. I thought i had said I was switching from EMG's to passives

used Fender and Gibson stock pups and DiMarzios tend to go fairly cheap on ebay, for around the price of new Duncan Performers and GFS - hell I got a new Gretsch Filtertron for $49

for the price of new Gibson and DiMarzio, I'd look at BG Pups

I guess the real budget buy would be used GFS

Archived