Anyone here got a Sienna Sunburst Strat?

lowbatt65

• Members

If you have I'd be interested in pics please. I've sold off some gear and I'm ready to put some cash down on a new MIA Strat Standard. :love: . I'm pretty sure I want Sienna Sunburst, but I can't decide between rosewood and maple necks.

I prefer maple but my Tele is maple and I'm tempted to go for rosewood, as a contrast. To be honest, with my proficiency the playing differences between maple and rosewood aren't an issue.

If any Sienna owners out there could post pics that would be great. Any other opinions welcome of course. :thu:

• Members

Thanks for the pics. I suppose I asked for user pics because I'm trying to avoid the "official" shots, like the rosewood one on the right. I'd like to see what they look like when there isn't a professional photographer taking the pic!

The more I see them the more I like the rosewood. I think it's a nice contrast to the sunburst.

• Members

This is my MIA 2000 Sienna. Great playing guitar and the color is really nice.

More important then the the color of the neck is the sound of the different neck. Maple is a bit brighter then having the rosewood cap. Test them both if you get a chance to decided what you like best.

DSC04664.jpg00Strat_SiennaSB_TexMex3.jpg

• Members

Like the post above says, i was going to point out that the SB has an ash body (I don't know if it's swamp ash, tough). other am. std. have the alder body. the difference in sound is said to be significant.

Thanks for reminding me, I'll factor that in.

In terms of guitar choices, this is the hardest I've ever had to make. I'm now seriously thinking about black, with maple neck. Simple, but classic.

Archived