Fender Pro-Senior mod?

scolfax

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I bought the original Pro Senior from Greg. Taking a simple amp like the Pro Junior and loading it into a pine cabinet with a Weber or Jensen 12" speaker is what Fender should have done in the first place.

I used this amp for years hosting blues jams in northern Colorado and the jammers all loved it. I also had a Victoria 20112 and this little amp delivered the goods for much less. Don't get me wrong, I love the Vic, but for the price the amp is very gutsy and sounds way better than a Pro junior stuffed into a little particle board cabinet with a cheesy 10" speaker.

You can find Pro Jr's on Craigslist or eBay fairly cheap. Have Greg upgrade it for you and you'll have a great sounding amp on the cheap.

Greg has a degree in electrical engineering and knows his stuff. He's also a great guy to deal with.

• Members

Thing is, the Pro Jr. wasn't *that* cheap. But tack on $275 and there are suddenly a lot more options - and usually with master volume control!

If you really like the amp, but want to beef it up a bit I think it's well worth it. From the specs it sounds like it's well built, and they certainly look nice. If you can, try running the pro into an external 12 inch cab. That will give you an idea of what to expect. Cab and speaker can have a HUGE impact on the way an amp sounds.

Archived