help me pick...PRS GAS, but i have to settle for a copy

diceman1000

• Members

Of that group, I'd say the Peavey is the best guitar hands down but I haven't played the ones your looking at. From my memory of the TTM thread, anything you trade it for ought to be an improvement...

actually hte TTM i got is not a bad axe at all...not really any flaws with mine...

• Members

so i'm GASing for a PRS,preferably a carved top...no way in hell i can afford one. i've got an offer of an agile ps-100 vintage cherry for my TTM

but then there's the vinyard

PA-FM-WR.jpg

what would you do

I like Vineyard guitars, and they seem to be made out of some nice basswood. An aquaintance of mine, Mel Booker, plays and sells Vineyards from his store in Southern Cal. He switched from Michael Kellys to Vineyards, and I think he did it because of the tonal range of basswood.

I absolutely LOVE my Michael Kelly Hourglass though. You can find these still even though they are discontinued. Found mine for 250 bucks. Here is mine, it is one of those guitars that came with instant MOJO.

l_3cbb36c1a460f9eabd761d4878c67e39.jpg

l_99fabe8bcbf249c8be78c9cf09f8fe4c.jpg

• Members

I saw these in a recent guitar player mag.

Miami Vintage Guitars.

Anyone heard of them?

I've been seriously considering one of their tele's, but you don't want to buy off eBay. That same guitar is $299 on their website, $200 less than the eBay price.

• Members

It's going to be tough finding a US made instrument in the same value range as the TTM and if you did it's probably not going to be great.

I know that you've got some ideas on a PRS style guitar and are looking for USA, but you may want to do a quick search on e-Bay for a Samick Ultramtic (probably a UM3). I owned one for a while and it was a good guitar. Extremely well built for a MIK guitar (even though that's kind of the norm these days) and the neck was phenomenal.

I modded it so the GK-2a pickup, coil split switches, 13 pin jack and concentric pot isn't standard.

closeup-now.jpg

• Members

oh no, country of origin is not an issue at all, just gotta make up my mind. a fellow forumite has offered a PRS SE Soapbar II also. it's between that and the peavey, of course, the shop that has the peavey said they're interested in my fender power chorus too... maybe i'll end up with both:eek:

Archived