help me pick...PRS GAS, but i have to settle for a copy

diceman1000

• Members

so i'm GASing for a PRS,preferably a carved top...no way in hell i can afford one. i've got an offer of an agile ps-100 vintage cherry for my TTM

this one

PS1.jpg

but then there's the vinyard

PA-FM-WR.jpg

then there's this peavey hp sig at my m&p shop that i could trade for too,they've got $350 on it,but it looks just like this one

sixstardj_2085_40626856

what would you do

• Members

what if you saved up for a PRS? you can get them used for relatively cheap.

that would be great, but every time i try to save for anything, the money inevitably gets spent on something else, most generally bills. that's why trading for one would be ideal...

• Members
Find a clone that is the same wood as the PRS that you'd like, drop some PRS pickups in that baby and don't look back.

that's one issue with the vineyard, it's basswood(which doesn't really bother me), but it's also an almost direct copy of the PRS Private Stock Santana III...check it out

the vineyard
PA-FM-WR.jpg

the real deal
santana3.jpg

• Members

what if you saved up for a PRS? you can get them used for relatively cheap.

my 2-cence would be to save, i dont know how old you are but this would be a great chance to learn to save, 5-10 bucks here and there will add up fast and not only will you feel good about learning to save you would have a great guitar and there are awesome deals on ebay all the time

• Members

my 2-cence would be to save, i dont know how old you are but this would be a great chance to learn to save, 5-10 bucks here and there will add up fast and not only will you feel good about learning to save you would have a great guitar and there are awesome deals on ebay all the time

i'm almost 35 with a wife and a 9 year old. i'm roughly $250k in debt...saving isn't really an option...

• Members

If I was being a dick, I'd recommend taking that $250k down before you even *think* of buying another guitar. If the last 17 months have taught us anything, it's that being in debt is a really, really bad idea. :poke:

That said, I'd recommend the Peavey for your faux-PRS. Peavey is the most underrated MiA brand out there right now; their guitars and amps are criminally under-appreciated.

• Members

If I was being a dick, I'd recommend taking that $250k down before you even *think* of buying another guitar. If the last 17 months have taught us anything, it's that being in debt is a really, really bad idea. :poke:

That said, I'd recommend the Peavey for your faux-PRS. Peavey is the most underrated MiA brand out there right now; their guitars and amps are criminally under-appreciated.

that's why i'm trying to trade and not spend buddy...

Archived