Maple Or Rosewood Neck With Humbuckers

The Bear

• Members

I am in the market for a Strat myself so I did a lot of research on the difference between Rosewood & Maple necks only to come to this conclusion:

Unless you possess bionic hearing, only your eyes will be able to tell the difference between the two.

• Members

I am in the market for a Strat myself so I did a lot of research on the difference between Rosewood & Maple necks only to come to this conclusion:

Unless you possess bionic hearing, only your eyes will be able to tell the difference between the two.

Exactly what I thought.

I'm going Aged Maple.

Just made one using Kisekae and it's gonna' look killer with a White Pearloid PG.

• Members

I tend to like the maple fretboard on Fender Strats more than the rosewood - as long as it isn't a 'sticky' maple (finish). My American Deluxe has the perfect fretboard finish (for me) - lightly coated.

Now, if I could only find a Strat with Floyd Rose and a maple fretboard. The current new selections are ALL rosewood fretboards and I can't find one for sale anywhere (GuitarCenter Used, eBay, craigslist, MusicGoRound).

• Members

Of course VH uses ash/with maple necks (bright) but then goes through a 5150 amp (dark)

my alder start sounds middy but my lite ash strat is more scooped and bright w/the maple neck/fboard, but the alder one needs pups because its an 85 squier, but with practice I usually find a way to play it stock

Archived