SpongeBob Squarepants 7/8 Size Electric Guitar Outfit

KevinTJH

• Members

Call me a kid or whatever you like..but I've always liked Spongebob Squarepants since I was a kid. I'm really thinking of getting this because how often do you come across a guitar as cool as this?

However, I can't seem to find the specs of this guitar. Does anyone know what wood the body is made of? The neck looks like maple to me.

Also, I'm just getting opinions here, how good/crappy do you think this guitar would sound if I would to install an active metal pickup and tuned it to drop C or something?

• Members

Not sure if you were serious, but you are going to probably have problems tuning a 7/8 scale guitar down to drop C. It almost certainly won't intonate, and the strings will be very floppy.

Otherwise, I think it is pretty darn cool myself... how much do they run and is there any info on manufacturer?

N/M found it... have not heard of Encore as a maker. Looks like they are about $140, which is a little more than I would pay as a novelty.

• Members

No no. It's not a 7/8 scale guitar. It has a full scale neck but a 7/8 sized body. So the body is a little smaller than normal but other than that, it plays like a normal guitar.

I have read a number of reviews (which were almost impossible to find!) , and those people said that this guitar is certainly not a toy, get it set up right and it plays like a real instrument!

So far there're only 3 videos I can find on youtube about this guitar.

• Members

NICE!! Please tell me more..!

How does the neck feel like? Does the smaller body affect playability in any way? Do you know the exact specs of the guitar?

By the way, an off-topic question, what chord is the guy in the picture (or is it you? ) playing?

• Members

Call me a kid or whatever you like..but I've always liked Spongebob Squarepants since I was a kid. I'm really thinking of getting this because how often do you come across a guitar as cool as this?

However, I can't seem to find the specs of this guitar. Does anyone know what wood the body is made of? The neck looks like maple to me.

Also, I'm just getting opinions here, how good/crappy do you think this guitar would sound if I would to install an active metal pickup and tuned it to drop C or something?

Here's what I could find on their European distributor site:

• Members

since you were a kid???? what is the Spongebob show like 3 years old?????? LOL ripe old man of what 17 now????????
:wave:

The pilot episode of SpongeBob SquarePants first aired in the United States on Nickelodeon on May 1, 1999, following the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards. The "official" series premiere followed on July 17, 1999, with the second episode, "Bubblestand/Ripped Pants."

Source

• Members

The pilot episode of SpongeBob SquarePants first aired in the United States on Nickelodeon on May 1, 1999, following the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards. The "official" series premiere followed on July 17, 1999, with the second episode, "Bubblestand/Ripped Pants."

Source

ehhhhhh, who asked you?????? that totally ruins my post:mad:

• Members

Source

i remember watching that bubblestand episode when it first aired. i remember thinking "WHAT THE {censored} IS THIS I WANT MORE."

• Members

i remember watching that bubblestand episode when it first aired. i remember thinking "WHAT THE {censored} IS THIS I WANT MORE."

Guys, I'm very happy with the responses here and I'm terribly sorry for being such a pain, but could we stay in the same topic? thanks