BG Clear Bobbin PAF's.... have a home finally!

ajcoholic

• Members

Just finished this tonight... its justpast 10pm here, and I just finished wiring, intonating and set up.

Need to have a quick shower and then I can plug her in and see how it sounds.

The pickups are a set of the ltd edition Bryan made with the clear Gibson T top bobbins.

I have each coil tapped for cut (on tones) and also an N-tune on the bridge volume.

For those who dont remember the thread I had a while back on this project, its all Korina, with a maple cap. RW board and headstock overlay. Red satin finish in lacquer. Pearl dots on board and edge.

25" scale, 22 medium jumbo frets.

Basically a PRS singlecut clone... :)

Later dudes!

AJC

IMG_7729.jpg

IMG_7733.jpg

IMG_7732.jpg

• Members

That thing is smoking. Not taking anything away from Bryan's work, but I love the bridge on that thing. I want an LP Jr just so I can put a Baby Grand on it.

EG

I actually wanted to try a Pigtail aluminum wraparound... but they are still back ordered. My 2nd choice was the baby grand.

But it seems to be a nice bridge, although I prefer the look of a wraparound.

The pickups are not "hot"... which is what I like :) I will have to play it through a few more of my amps, and for a longer time to get comfortable, but so far it feels great and sounds really nice.

That N-tune unit is pretty slick as well...just pull up the volume and tune, press it back down and your back in business. I bought 2 to try out in a few guitars, now that Stewart Macdonald carries them.

AJC

• Members

Because of me? Well thanks!
:thu:
:thu: Looks great!

AJC

Yes, your work is inspiring !

I especially liked your Blacktop build.

This, along with a red tele for my 17 year old son was a backyard project all last summer.

Thank you again AJ !!!

2guitars.jpg

• Members

So the N-Tune thing...

Is it a push pull pot that when pulled becomes a built in tuner?

That's kind of neat, but if you've got multiple guitars, I'd have to think it's cheaper just to get a tuner pedal so you can use it with all your guitars.

• Members

So the N-Tune thing...

Is it a push pull pot that when pulled becomes a built in tuner?

That's kind of neat, but if you've got multiple guitars, I'd have to think it's cheaper just to get a tuner pedal so you can use it with all your guitars.

But I just wanted to try it out :)

They are not a whole lot cheaper than a decent pedal tuner. But it is a neat gadget that appears to work really well. I dont think I will be putting one in every guitar, but I think some of my more played ones might get a refit.

Thanks again guys... and thanks to Bryan. These pickups are really great - been playing the guitar this evening a lot through some different amps... Awesome tone!

AJC

• Members

That N-tune unit is pretty slick as well...just pull up the volume and tune, press it back down and your back in business. I bought 2 to try out in a few guitars, now that Stewart Macdonald carries them.

Cool that StewMac is carrying them now, $70 isn't too bad.

and thanks to Bryan. These pickups are really great - been playing the guitar this evening a lot through some different amps... Awesome tone!

I've yet to use a BG that didn't make me smile :)

Archived