Dylan! WOW!

tlbonehead

• Members
I like the original version better. That song is supposed to be venomous and critical.

it was at that! Very cutting. This version just has a mature at-peace, melancholy feel to it. Kind of a "too bad it had to be this way" acceptance. I like it both ways.

• Members

I like the original version better. That song is supposed to be venomous and critical.

Nobody, nobody does bile and venom dressed up in sweet melody better than Dylan.

I firmly believe Positively 4th Street to be about an ex-girlfriend of mine. Sure, it was written maybe fifteen years before she was born, but damn it's so spot on with how she was as a person, how she behaved, basically half of it might as well have been a direct quote. And she didn't like Dylan (by which I mean she heard thirty seconds once and moaned about how awful it was. Then she put on a Steps record), so it's not as if she could have quoted it....

• Members

Nobody,
nobody
does bile and venom dressed up in sweet melody better than Dylan.

I firmly believe
Positively 4th Street
to be about an ex-girlfriend of mine. Sure, it was written maybe fifteen years before she was born, but
damn
it's so spot on with how she was as a person, how she behaved, basically half of it might as well have been a direct quote. And she didn't like Dylan (by which I mean she heard thirty seconds once and moaned about how
awful
it was. Then she put on a Steps record), so it's not as if she could have quoted it....

Well, she must've had a lot of nerve to say she was your friend. Just saying...:idk:

Archived