New Hendrix Album in March - 12 Unreleased New Tracks

larry50

• Members

WHEW! It's a good thing they called the new album what they did.

I don't think "Valleys Of Uranus" would have worked out. :eek:

Not sure why that article calls Janie his "half sister"- they have absolutely no blood relation. How the hell did she get to be in charge of his estate, anyhow?

A lot of voodoo and skullduggery, no doubt.

• Members

"Did he lay these tracks down with his new Gibson Strat?" NO! I have insider information: he used his Fender Les Paul... Jimi, Jimi, Jimi.... I look forward to it, but feel may be Charlie Brown with Lucy and the football. Yikes! It's all about money for sure. Jimi was screwed over money while alive, may even be indirect cause of his death, so no surprise still milking the dead cow. But let us pray... or prey...

i loved Hendrix, and was lucky enough to see him 3 times. at one of the concerts he was god...

• Members

Man, I can't wait. I hope it's good. What I'm hoping for the most is good audio quality more than anything.

By the way, I thought there was supposed to be a release of his Royal Albert Hall performance by the estate this year?

I hate Janie Hendrix for the crap she's done over the years and the way she's running the Hendrix estate (which I don't think she should :cop:), but there have been some good releases here and there. I got probably over 100 bootlegs of Hendrix, so any new material is good to me.

I have really low expectations of this (law of diminishing returns and all that).

For someone who had a recording career (of his own) of around 3/4 years, I think his studio output was stellar (Experienced, Axis and Ladyland). I went through the Hendrix is God and I must buy everything phase and ended up with 50 or so albums. There is some REAL {censored} out there.

I'd say you could buy the 3 above albums plus Cry of Love, Jimi Hendrix Concerts, Soundtrack of the Jimi Hendrix documentary film, Jimi plays Monterey and Radio One Sessions and not be missing out on much else.

To think those recordings came from 3/4 years is amazing, but I can hear the bottom of the barrel being scraped

I disagree completely. Some of my favorite albums (bootlegs) of Hendrix are his performances at Winterland, Atlanta, Sweden, San Diego, and Berkeley. Not to mention the Rainbow Bridge concert, Message from nine to the Universe, the Blues album, and the full albums of First Rays of the New Rising Sun and South Saturn Delta.

Plus there's good outtakes of his studio recordings.

The list goes on and on....

• Members

Unreleased, alternate endings, outtakes... Usually there's a good reason for that, and it's almost always because it's either not as good or flat out lousy. I hope not in this case, but it wouldn't surprise me.

The press release and article seem to indicate that the material has a better pedigree and provenance than that. We'll just have to wait and see.

Archived