Need a trem arm for my Pacifica

Loxley

• Members

I have a Yamaha Pacifica and it never came with a tremolo arm. I got a Fender trem arm on it, but it has a little play in it. I'm assuming this is because of the fact that the Yamaha arms are in metric, while this is a US measurement, and thus, isn't quite the same. Where can I find one? I've searched all over and got nothing..

• Members

Go to any mom-and-pop guitar store that has an on-site tech who does repairs.

Odds are, he has a "junk drawer" full of various import trem arms. Try them out like Fred Sanford trying on glasses until he finds a pair he can read with. As soon as you find one with threads that fit, buy it.

And if they let you do that, remember them next time you have a "big" purchase to make. Good local music stores are a valuable asset for a community.

• Members

Go to any mom-and-pop guitar store that has an on-site tech who does repairs.

Odds are, he has a "junk drawer" full of various import trem arms. Try them out like Fred Sanford trying on glasses until he finds a pair he can read with. As soon as you find one with threads that fit, buy it.

And if they let you do that, remember them next time you have a "big" purchase to make. Good local music stores are a valuable asset for a community.

I work at one.. my luthier had nothing that fit. I'll try at others.

Archived