LTD MH-1000 Volume knob turns too easily

DarkCide

• Members

You can cut a piece of packing foam or something similar, circle shape; slightly smaller than the knob; punch a center hole to go over the pot shaft; put it under the knob, and it should provide enough friction to hold the knob in place. If it's a push-on knob that won't come off easily, you can probably just cut a slit through one side of the foam and force it around the shaft underneath the knob. The foam obviously needs to be thick enough to hold some friction on the bottom of the knob.

• Members

You can cut a piece of packing foam or something similar, circle shape; slightly smaller than the knob; punch a center hole to go over the pot shaft; put it under the knob, and it should provide enough friction to hold the knob in place. If it's a push-on knob that won't come off easily, you can probably just cut a slit through one side of the foam and force it around the shaft underneath the knob. The foam obviously needs to be thick enough to hold some friction on the bottom of the knob.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the same idea using a rubberband and it kept getting twisted when I turned the knob. I'll try the foam idea.

Archived