Assuming the vintage gibbo inheritance .....

59humbucker

• Members

thread's not a troll, it's quite disturbing that a random can find our site and all our "educated" chatter does is give the impression Gibson makes {censored} overpriced guitars.

Are you happy now gibson haterz:cop:

For the record, my 68 ri was perfect off the peg and when shopping for it I must have played every LP in manhatten and never came across a complete dud

• Moderators

Me too. I love my 2008 les paul standard faded.

:)

And I bought it sight unseen and it IS beatiful, and it was perfect out of the box, and plays like the proverbial butter. Except it doesn't leave my hands greasy like stupid butter would.

{censored}in nonsense

Have you tried spreading it on a crumpet....eh....EH????:mad:

• Members

Now, Ratae, I like you and all, but why on earth would I want to try to spread my les paul on crumpets? Huh? :rolleyes:

Butter's bad for my cholesterol. Some stupid non sensical story about animal fat.

I did try to explain my doctor my butter has no animalz in it, he wouldn't have it.

Stupid doctor stupid butter.

Crumpets are cool though. Crumpets + salted butter + honey........ :love:

• Moderators

Butter's bad for my cholesterol. Some stupid non sensical story about animal fat.

Ya know, as a Paddy lad, I've always eaten butter, and my cholsterol is about 3.8, whereas i know loads who torture themsleves with all kinds of {censored}e including I'm Not Inclined to Accept Thats Butter, and they {censored}ing have vein plugs of {censored}, reckon it's all down to moderation which coming from a recovering alcoholic is a bit rich:facepalm:

I'm givin mesen 5 mins on the naughty step:(

• Members

Ya know, as a Paddy lad, I've always eaten butter, and my cholsterol is about 3.8, whereas i know loads who torture themsleves with all kinds of {censored}e including I'm Not Inclined to Accept Thats Butter, and they {censored}ing have vein plugs of {censored}, reckon it's all down to moderation which coming from a recovering alcoholic is a bit rich:facepalm:

I'm givin mesen 5 mins on the naughty step
:(

Moderation??? They all say drink with moderation, eat with moderation, well I keep waiting and moderation never turns up, that dumb bastard.

Invariably I end up eating & drinking alone, with no moderation in sight.

Stupid moderation. :cop:

That naughty step, make that 10mn for not letting aneamated coming 1st, will you? :poke:

• Members

My two Gibsons are great guitars. I never saw one for sale new with anything worse than a bad factory setup. I have no idea where all these 'firewood' quality gibsons are, but I have not seen them in my travels. I have never played any of the lower end models, so maybe this is the big problem area. I played maybe 50-60 standards/traditionals when shopping for my latest, and I didn't find any issues other than some ugly tops and poor setups.

I'm not calling anyone a liar about seeing bad guitars, I'm just saying I have not seen any. I'm sure they exist, and it probably depends on the retailer whether you will see one. Some probably sort through guitars and send the duds back before they hit the sales floor, and others just unbox and rack em. In any event, I have heard people here claim that 80% of LPs are unplayable from the factory, with major QC issues. Seems pretty improbable to me.

As for Gibson corporate, I don't really care what they do, but i agree they seem to be lost with the reverso, tribal, etc. guitar lines. I kind of like the MIDI/robotic stuff in the dusk tiger, but wish it was in a regular looking LP.

Archived