HCEG March Madness Tourney

Elias Graves

• Members

I think HCEG needs it's own March Madness tournament.

You all know how it works: We get 64 forum members' guitars, match them up with a poll and move through brackets. Simple enough, right?

There is the matter of entries, however. The way I see it, there are two ways of getting the field.

Either by selection committee or simply first in.

Both methods have drawbacks. If its first in it will fill up fast and if you can't post when I put the entry thread up, too bad so sad.

If we use a selection committee, there will inevitably arise cries of favoritism.

So in the true sense of democracy, I'll let HCEG choose whether there is a selection committee or if we just use first in.

There is no selection committee named, however, I'm sure we can gather maybe seven members of good repute who don't participate in the tourney to act as selection committee. If we go this route, we might ask Frets or Mazi or someone to pick the committee. The committee's decisions would be final.

If we use first in, the entry thread will probably go up like at 8 am on a Monday or such and the first 64 guitars in will represent the field.

So, what say you? Committee or footrace?

EG

• Members

I'm out of the running already! I mean, I like my stuff just fine, but NOOOOO way will it match up to some of the other stuff out there! :D

I voted committe, b/c some of the guys with really nice guits aren't on as often ... probably b/c they're actually off somewhere playing!

• Members

Is this just a visual match up or sound clips as well?

I was thinking originally just the gear, but it matters not to me.

If a lot of people want to include recording as a criteria, we can go that way.

If you guys want to require a recording, that's fine by me but I'll need a clear majority let me know that here.

EG

Archived