NGD the JJ Pistols plywood bullet project

silverring233

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Kinda like it the way it is, kinda. I agree that the headstock should look equally {censored}ed up, or stripped down to the maple.
:thu:

:thu: I'd strip the headstock face and keep the rest as-is. If you paint the body up nice and pretty, you're going to want to replace everything else and then lose all the good vibe it already got.

• Members

did I send you a white strat body?

You did. You sent me a fully active Ibanez Roadstar of some kind with a replacement pup and an SX neck and a an extra white ply Strat body.

The Ibanez ended up at a studio in Roanoke, Virginia where they allow local kids to come in and learn to play and record and cut a demo CD.

The Strat I put together and it ended up with my stepson who fell in love with it and wanted to learn how to play.

Hope that's cool.

• Members

You did. You sent me a fully active Ibanez Roadstar of some kind with a replacement pup and an SX neck and a an extra white ply Strat body.

The Ibanez ended up at a studio in Roanoke, Virginia where they allow local kids to come in and learn to play and record and cut a demo CD.

The Strat I put together and it ended up with my stepson who fell in love with it and wanted to learn how to play.

Hope that's cool.

that's awesome

I was just trying to remember where it wound up the other day - Ravencad sent it to me and asked in the thread linked in the OP if this body was the same one - I knew it wasn't but couldn't for the life of me remember ever building up his or doing anything with it

• Members

i've got some ideas floating around in my head on what kind of finish to do for this guitar. here's where HC comes in. i want any and all ideas for a finish. i have someone waiting to paint this, but i want to hear from the HC community.

leave it as is? pimp the hell out of it? simple is better? give me details people.

for now, i'm just gonna play it and piss people off with it. but let me know what your ideas are.

ready.................set.......................GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

send it to marc758 along with a check for $100 and say "be creative"...you wont regret it

Archived