NGD Peeves...

Longhair

• Members

You looked at all the guitars on line, checking the specs, comparing different models, asking questions, trying everything out at the store, shopping around for the best price, pull the trigger on a new guitar and when the day arrives...

You're not happy!!

Let's hear all your pet peeves about finally getting the new guitar.

When I look for a new guitar (or anything for that matter) I want don't want the same exact thing in a different color or pickup configuration. So I try to find something different than what I already have (easy because I only have 2 now).

Waiting for UPS :mad:

Waiting for guitar to reach room temperature :mad: :mad:

Proper setup :cry:

Not sounding like the other guitar :facepalm:

• Members

Every guitar on the planet being strung with .09s.

Hmmmm.....I've been playing .09s on my guitars for a while now. Was using .10s. Been going back and forth for years.

What bothers me is the shopping for gear. I like to buy locally so I can try before I buy. I usually look at the web sites for the shops and see what's availible. The big let down comes when I find a guitar that I think is going to be great only to find out I hate it when I go play it.

Found a Carvin online and drove a hour to check it out to find I really didn't like it. Left the store with my money still in my pocket with that empty feeling driving home.

• Members

I hate it when you come home, expecting a new guitar, and find one of those damn notes from UPS saying that you need to sign.

My UPS guy just leaves the package sitting in the snow bank at the end of my drive way. I guess he's to lazy to walk up the hill to the house and not enough guts to dirve his big ass truck up my long steep drive way.

• Members
I could set up a lawn chair at 05:00 and wait their all day outside and I would still get a not home notice. Our driver always passes us by and then claims we weren't home.

DHL tried pulling that with my wife once. She checked the tracking number and seen a delivery attempt was made but nobody was home. She called up and told them that the driver did not stop there because it was a place of business :cop:

Archived