TOG Pickups

D-log

• Members

Is anyone familiar with TOG (aka, Tricked Out Guitar) pickups? I got a set that I'm currently trying to install, but I don't know the wiring codes for the humbuckers. I tried wiring it like a Seymour Duncan humbucker, but I can't get any sound out of it now. Is there a way to use a multimeter to determine north and south start + finish's? Or does anyone know the color guide off the top of their heads? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank You

• Members

Don't mean to insult....

Have you ever done a pup swap before? Its easy to cross something a not get any output.

Did you just swap pups or do new pots or anything else?

If you have done wiring before then I'm sorry, and I agree with the above post.

• Members

Multimeter method.

To check which wires are for individual coils set the meter for resistance: individual coils will have moderate resistance (4-8K depending on wind) and across the coils in series higher resistance (8-16K).

To check for polarity select a single coil and set the meter to DC voltage (2V to 5V range if not auto). Touch the selected coil with a screwdriver and then pull it away: the voltage reading will show a spike of one polarity when the driver blade touches, then the opposite polarity when it is pulled away. Note which way round the MM leads are connected and the direction of spike (i.e. neg, then pos) then proceed to the second coil and repeat. This will give you the polarity of the individual coils. Connect them in series, positive to negative.

• Members

Don't mean to insult....

Have you ever done a pup swap before? Its easy to cross something a not get any output.

Did you just swap pups or do new pots or anything else?

If you have done wiring before then I'm sorry, and I agree with the above post.

Yeah, I've swapped out pickups before, The problem is i don't know which lead color is which. I just got a message from TOG telling me the colors, So I'm good now. Thank you everyone

Archived