Fix my brainfart: Traditional LP body shape on a non-Gibson/Epiphone?

GilmourD

• Members

OK... Totally brainfarting here. I know there's Edwards, Burny, Grassroots, and Greco... But I really can't think of anything else, but I'm sure there's more.

Basically, I'm looking for a good Les Paul for my friend to buy my other friend (her fiance). Problem is that she's got a $300 price range. That Burny I price-checked in the other thread would've been perfect if it hadn't sold already. LOL

So, link me to traditionally-shaped Les Pauls that can be gotten in that price range, new or used. Give me ideas, guys. The key, though, is quality.

Going a bit above that price is allowed, but don't go too far, guys.

• Members

They made Epiphone LP's and SG's with the Gibson headstock for quite awhile but only for overseas.
They look identical too the Gibbys headstock and all.
I see them on the Japanese sites often and they do look really nice.
Edwards would be my first choice though. They are very very Gibson like imo.

• Members

They made Epiphone LP's and SG's with the Gibson headstock for quite awhile but only for overseas.

They look identical too the Gibbys headstock and all.

I see them on the Japanese sites often and they do look really nice.

Edwards would be my first choice though. They are very very Gibson like imo.

Sadly, if I had an extra $800 to throw in for an Edwards, I would probably never have even started this thread. LOL If I could shoot for a Japanese Edwards, abso{censored}inglutely!

However... Has anybody ever purchased a Grassroots? I can't seem to find any place that actually sells them online.

• Members
If you get grab one over there... a Vintage might fall into that price range...
:idk:

Somebody mentioned on the MyLesPaul forum that someone was selling Vintage V100s in the US for over $1000 :eek:

I can't make the recommendation myself, but I do know that if a similar question is asked on the MLP forum, that there will be a large number of "Agile all the way" opinions.

• Members

There is an old LP 2500 Agile on Ebay $299 with a hard shell case it has Mean 90's installed and also comes has the original humbuckers.

blackbeauty.jpg

Bhk7WEBmkKGrHqIOKjQEsmnWIpOKBLJwETI.jpg

Bhk7VbgB2kKGrHqMOKkEEsm5j-VWBLJwEQC.jpg

Bhk7TCw2kKGrHqYOKiYErzMofhmhBLJwEEh.jpg

Bhk7UGgCGkKGrHqEOKiUEslw-G3oBLJwEJh.jpg

There is also a nice LP-2500 burst for $250 on Ebay but it is a lefty

BjqPOgBmkKGrHqQOKj4Es9y1IMQFBLUhhjR.jpg

You can read more about these in my new book:

beautyBurst-2-1-1-2-1.jpg

Archived