BG Pickups...you gots clips?

steve_man

• Members

Hey guys...Norcal's thread has me interested in hearing more of his pups. Any of you have them installed in your guits? If so, do you have some clips? I know there are clips on his website, just wanted to hear the pups in different types of guitars.

Very cool pups...:D

• Members

I don't have any myself, but I'm gonna be ordering a BG Bucker soon for a project. Judging by the clip on his site - om nom nom nom, fantastic sound. I don't have any pro recording equipment, but I'll probably make a YouTube demo video of the whole guitar with my digital camera when it's done. Hopefully later this year :)

• Members

Ok you asked for it but remember if tone is in the fingertips...I ain't got tone

If you poke around my soundclick page you'll find the original pickup clips for both the tele HH with the Humbuckers and the Strat with the stock pups but I won't post them

Here's the BG V60's

Here's the Tele chords

Here's the Tele simple lead

The tele was recorded with a slightly different system but the amp and pedals are the same for all. Amp V-18, Cool Cat TOD for OD, Cool Cat Distortion for well distortion..:D both pedals set to noon for gain

Great pickups well worth it. My recordings don't do justice to how good I think they sound. I love playing both guitars more than the original picks

• Members

Ok you asked for it but remember if tone is in the fingertips...I ain't got tone

If you poke around my soundclick page you'll find the original pickup clips for both the tele HH with the Humbuckers and the Strat with the stock pups but I won't post them

Here's the BG V60's

Here's the Tele chords

Here's the Tele simple lead

The tele was recorded with a slightly different system but the amp and pedals are the same for all. Amp V-18, Cool Cat TOD for OD, Cool Cat Distortion for well distortion..
:D
both pedals set to noon for gain

Great pickups well worth it. My recordings don't do justice to how good I think they sound. I love playing both guitars more than the original picks

Sounds good bro! Thanks for posting!

• Moderators

Yeah...I'm kicking around the idea of putting new humbuckers in my LP...and his sound pretty good! Was going to do Gibson pups, but I don't know...that's why I'd like to hear more clips....
:D

Bryan's BG Buckers are about the sweetest humbuckers I've heard bar none.

They rank up there with the best of WCR and Wolfetones

They have more complexity than any Gibson offering

• Members

Thanks for sharing all the clips..That's awesome.

Stu nice song. I like the sound and production. The outro solo is quite nice also. I really dig the song.

Eli, I liked your song also and I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of it.

My soundclick is www.soundclick.com/bryangunsher here's some songs I've recorded with my pickups.

• Members

Bryan's BG Buckers are about the sweetest humbuckers I've heard bar none.

They rank up there with the best of WCR and Wolfetones

They have more complexity than any Gibson offering

Thanks man for the info. I like Gibson pups, but I really feel like they are overpriced...

Bryan has a much better price point...and they are hand made, which is really awesome!

• Members

Thanks for sharing all the clips..That's awesome.

Stu nice song. I like the sound and production. The outro solo is quite nice also. I really dig the song.

Eli, I liked your song also and I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of it.

My soundclick is
www.soundclick.com/bryangunsher
here's some songs I've recorded with my pickups.

Glad you like the song! I actually bought that S90 used from a forum member. Slapped it in a parts-o-caster out of curiosity and, uh, DAMN.

A stock Strat or Tele would've been too brittle for that arrangement (and would've sounded too "country" IMHO) - and a real soapbar would've blasted everything below 1k out of the vocal. So with the S90 there's that nice meaty rhythm tone, but there's plenty of space for the vocal too.

Archived